Chat Module for my Website ! Plz Help !

Status
Not open for further replies.

icslindia

Reaction score
Hi guyz,

I was using phpFreeChat for my website which uses PHP Script for online Chat and we can also make Admins on it by setting their passwords manually.

phpFreeChat offers its chat module to connect to the main users databases in phpBB and PunBB like scripts.

But I am using PHP Fusion for my website and I don't know how do I connect it to my database.

Please help me by telling me any module which can be connected to my users database so that they haven't to register separately for the chat. They can login by using same username and password which they are using to log in.

I hope you understand what I want to explain.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Chat scripts are not allowed on free hosting, as per the x10 ToS which you agreed to on registration:
Shoutbox\Chat Scripts Use of these scripts is strictly forbidden due to the amount of MySQL queries they take. Accounts found with chat scripts or shoutboxes will be suspended.
Breaking of any of the clauses in the Terms of Service will result in a zero-tolerance suspension, followed by account termination.

Last edited:

Kinight40

Reaction score
If you want to use a work-around, you can use a Mibbit Widget. Have the server set to irc.x10hosting.com and the channel set to one you own. Mibbit is strictly AJAX and IRC, no SQL involved

icslindia

Reaction score
Oh ok sir !

My apologies but I am not using it right now. Actually I am trying it on my PC. I have setup the PHP and mysql server on ma PC.

Anyways, I just want to confirm that I can freely use any other external chat widget for my site ???

Kinight40

Reaction score
Confirmed. As long as it doesn't make an immense number of queries on MySQL (Mibbit doesn't, it just links to IRC) it is allowed. Just so I don't get in trouble, I suggest you use irc.x10hosting.com as your server, and #SomethingRelatedToYourWebSiteHere as your channel.

satishan

Reaction score
Chat modules consumes high MySQL queries, you may go with AJAX chat integration.

Status
Not open for further replies.