Cheapest place to buy domains?

Jacob

Reaction score
For those of you have have experience in buying a top-level .com or .org domain name, where is the cheapest place? I am looking to purchase a quality one from a quality place. Where are some good, cheap places to buy a domain?

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Yahoo :) Link Here

Use that above link to get a domain for 2.99 (you must sign up for a new yahoo account, it is for new users only)

Flashgear

Reaction score
i wouldnt recommend what tyler has put because they are more trouble than there worth, and when you dont wanna host that domain with yahoo you cannot move it to another host you have to pay $20 to change the domain to a new host.. quick its normally free to change over the domain to a new domain provider.

id recommend
Link Here

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Flashgear said:
i wouldnt recommend what tyler has put because they are more trouble than there worth, and when you dont wanna host that domain with yahoo you cannot move it to another host you have to pay $20 to change the domain to a new host.. quick its normally free to change over the domain to a new domain provider.

id recommend
Link Here
absolutely not. That is all wrong. Yahoo is one of the best domain providers I have seen with many more option then godaddy EX: At yahoo you can change your A records godaddy you cannot.

Trust me when I say this, yahoo is the best. And I have no idea where you get $20 from to switch to a new host... I have 5 yahoo domains and all pointing to different servers. I would recomend getting your facts straight before giving advice next time ;)

Edit if you were talking about switching to a new domain provider like from yahoo to godaddy, I have done this too, and It is free. You only have to pay the new domain providers fee :)

Last edited:

Jacob

Reaction score
If I purchased a domain on Yahoo! or GoDaddy, I would be able to point it to x10 as my host, correct?

Equiflux

Reaction score
I have an off-topic question that I don't think needs to be a seperate thread:

Do you guys know of a DNS host that allows 6 name servers? or is that even possible?

Flashgear

Reaction score
Jacob said:
If I purchased a domain on Yahoo! or GoDaddy, I would be able to point it to x10 as my host, correct?

@ Jacob what do you mean i would be able to poinr it to x10 as my host? you mean point it to your x10 hosted website? then yes of course you can do this.

@ Tyler when i had a yahoo domain about 4-5months ago when i tried pointing it to a different url i had to pay, and when i decided this is bs i am not paying if i want to change the url of the website that i want my domain going to so i tried changeing the domain to godaddy but i had to pay $20, so i didnt pay and then the domain i had purchased from yahoo i had to put it to the orginal url that i put in when i registered the domain... so i had to have a blank page at the yahoo domain and put a link saying we have moved.

i wouldnt sugges using yahoo at all, but its up to you.. id recomend godaddy.

Jacob

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys, I think I'm going to go with GoDaddy.

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Flashgear said:
@ Jacob what do you mean i would be able to poinr it to x10 as my host? you mean point it to your x10 hosted website? then yes of course you can do this.

@ Tyler when i had a yahoo domain about 4-5months ago when i tried pointing it to a different url i had to pay, and when i decided this is bs i am not paying if i want to change the url of the website that i want my domain going to so i tried changeing the domain to godaddy but i had to pay $20, so i didnt pay and then the domain i had purchased from yahoo i had to put it to the orginal url that i put in when i registered the domain... so i had to have a blank page at the yahoo domain and put a link saying we have moved.

i wouldnt sugges using yahoo at all, but its up to you.. id recomend godaddy.
Well then your account was majorly screwed up, I've had wayyy better expirience with yahoo, and I hate godaddy because they always send me crap in the mail where as yahoo doesnt

It's totally up to you :) But if you want a better domain expirience go with yahoo ;)

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Tyler said:
Well then your account was majorly screwed up, I've had wayyy better expirience with yahoo, and I hate godaddy because they always send me crap in the mail where as yahoo doesnt

It's totally up to you :) But if you want a better domain expirience go with yahoo ;)
I use yahoo, and I get great service with them.

Flashgear

Reaction score
you do not godaddy will only send you stuff with your consent, tyler are you on of them people who rush through signing up forms? because it says when you finialize your checkout where you put your email/info. it says i want to recive emails from godaddy and its sponsors.... does it not?

@ jacob if you are good friends with tyler then go with yahoo because he will be able to help you with setting it up etc. but if you know what your doing id go with godaddy.

Cynical

Reaction score
I've had my GoDaddy domain for a few months now and I love their service. I haven't tried Yahoo's, but I'm sure it can compete from what I have heard. GoDaddy certainly makes the extra few bucks with your while, especially how they offer WHOIS privacy for only $1.50. The control panel is a bit messy but it doesn't take long to figure out how to do everything. Their support team is also very quick with their responses to any questions you might have.

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
I use yahoo but I like godaddy cuz u get lots fo e-mails to your domain.

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Flashgear said:
you do not godaddy will only send you stuff with your consent, tyler are you on of them people who rush through signing up forms? because it says when you finialize your checkout where you put your email/info. it says i want to recive emails from godaddy and its sponsors.... does it not?

@ jacob if you are good friends with tyler then go with yahoo because he will be able to help you with setting it up etc. but if you know what your doing id go with godaddy.
Didnt mean e-mail, They sell your information to third party companies and they send you junk in the postal mail. ;)

Flashgear

Reaction score
but there is an option to turn say no i do not wish to receive newsletters from third party companies

echo_unlimited

Reaction score
Actually Godaddy send me promotional codes. Which is quite good if you want a percentage of one there products. I like Godaddy, but you cannot make subdomains with them, which you can with yahoo. Godaddy give you ONE email account, and 100 email redirects. Where yahoo only give you ONE email account. But to be honest I like yahoo better. I have had a better experience with them, even though I don't like yahoo's sign up system where you have to put your credit card details down. Which I'd rather add my paypal account details. But yahoo have a freindly user interface, where godaddy have a more harder interface. But I like yahoo better, the price is much cheaper for new users. But registryfly are another one that are quite good. So check them out as well.

Flashgear

Reaction score
i have tried both, but its whats best for you. but dont be drawn to yahoo because of its cheap price, because thats what drawn me to use yahoo, but now i use godaddy. and i never get any postal mail, because i click the option to not get sent anything at all.

well jacob you have been given to good domain providers, which one will you choose, i must admitt the feedback given from the people here would convince me to go to yahoo, but i no godaddy is better from experince, but its up to you.

Regards..
:lockd:

Jacob

Reaction score
Haha, thanks guys! I value your input, I really do. Something came up and I now need two domains, so I purchased one from GoDaddy and one from Yahoo - now I will see which I like better.

echo_unlimited

Reaction score
Really you should get click the promotional code e-mailed to you. You can get quite good offers.

Domainsite.com- is another cheapy one, haven't tried it though, but they have recieved many great reviews.

Registryfly.com- not cheap, but you can get the non-TLD's for a cheap price

http://www.domainsarefree.com/ - I done a google search and found that, very cheap!

http://order.1and1.com/xml/order/In...8AA755013B6CAA.TC61b?__frame=_top&__lf=Static - 1&1, very cheap and the company is well known.

Last edited:

Articz

Reaction score
I Got My Domain For Free Doing Some Offers At EzyRewards ( My Ref URL). It Costs $8.20 If You Want To Buy One From Them But Its Easy To Get One Free (If You Get A Domain For Free Then Your Allowed To Get Free Hosting From Them As Well). Ive Nearly Got Enoght Points to Get Another Domain. And You Get Privacy Whois For FREE.