Check my site.Suggest me things, i am newbie

oldholborn8079

Reaction score
Hello guys,

if you have time please check my site: http://poethouse.x10.mx/index.html
Its about holidays in corfu greece. I am a really newbie and i would like to know your opinions and your suggestions.

I am looking forward to hearing from you!
Thanks in advance

v4xde

Reaction score
it is so slow that the server return an error stating that the page is unavailable.

v

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Ah... just create a small piece of HTML with images into it. just for us to have an idea, at the moment do not try to insert anything else, nor any new technology.
Pure old HTML and images.

v

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Slow? It goes like stink, actually. (I don't know about the Flash movie -- I block Flash in my browser. And I have no idea what v4xde is talking about, since Flash is hardly "new technology" and the HTML used on the site is certainly acceptable.) And while the site is, well, plain, it is well laid out, usable and functional. If the house is supposed to generate much in the way of income, you may want to hire a designer to give the site a going-over just to make it a bit more elegant and, well, Ionian. Again, the Flash movie might carry a lot of that flavour, but it should be reflected in the rest of the site as well. Good designers cost money, though, so if you're not expected a lot of income (or are not trying to appeal to the posh crowd) it may not be worth it. (And don't outsource to anybody who's going to give you a "Zorba the Greek" stereotype version of the local culture. That may work for a "Greek" restaurant in Kansas, but it shouldn't be used to represent Corfu or Poets House.)

oldholborn8079

Reaction score
please could you check again?
only today i get some errors same as you mention.
Dont have any problems on others days before

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Don't worry about it. You are sharing a server with a LOT of other people, and not all of them are friendly neighbors. Your site is more than fast enough, but there may be bots and other scripts tying up server resources from time to time.

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello. Your site looks nice and you did a good job with HTML minification, but I would like to warn you about using Flash navigation menus.

If you are looking to get traffic from search engines, you should avoid Flash navigation menus. Search engines can't see the actual Flash content, meaning they won't be able to follow the links that are present inside the Flash, so might not be able to find any pages on your site other than your home page.

You can certainly keep the Flash photo gallery and banner but I recommend using HTML (and style with CSS) for the navigation menu instead of Flash.

oldholborn8079

Reaction score
Thanks guys for your answers. I really appreciate!
i dont use Only flash for navigator, i added and a simple text for navigations.

I really care for your opinions and i am looking forward to hearing from your, your opinions.

Thanks again!

oldholborn8079

Reaction score
ok fixed :)

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

ok,i added htlm navigation to every page