Check out my pc!

42type

Reaction score
I was thinking of selling my rig and getting a better one or a mac laptop and I was just wondering how much my pc would go for ?

Specs:

Generic White ATX w 400W PSU
Intel Pentium 4 s478 1.90GHz
Gigabyte 8SIMLH s478 AGP
Super Talent 1gbx1 DDR400 w/ Silver HeatSinks
MSI Geforce 6200 A-LE 256mb GDDR2 AGP
SoundsBlaster! Audigy 7.1
Western Digital 80gb IDE 7200RPM
Sun Microsystems Trinitron 21" Flatscreen CRT
OS ArchLinux i686

Its running Archlinux atm, runs really well, really stable, and its running gnome 2.14 or whatever on linux really smoothly, no speed issues or stability problems so far, been running it for about 6 months.

like how much is this thing worth now adays, I dont pay attention to the new technology.

42type

Reaction score
haha yah, its awesome, its decently clear too, quite a beat, but it gets 1600x1200!

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
I'd have to say $500 tops with the monitor, $250 tops without it. I did this by combining the current average price of used parts identical to the ones you listed.

David_Tiger

Reaction score
To be honest its a P4 @ just under 2GHz with 1GB RAM
yer the monitor and 7.1 Sound card will boost the price a little but HDD is a little small for average users,

I would say roughly around what GG-Xtreme said but around $215 without monitor and $400-$450 with monitor :D

my opinion but just advertise for a good price, if no sale just drop it a little

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
I suggest you find the retail value of all your parts, and then subtract more than $100.

It won't contribute that much towards a new rig / laptop. I'd personally make use of it with different tasks (i.e. folding proteins or media storage center)

componentwarehouse

Reaction score
Yeah, sell the screen and use it as a file server or something? It definitely wont bring you enough to even get close to a mac, desktop or laptop.

I cant really say much about what it will go for, as im not in the US, but I think Alienware had a part exchange program on, if you type the specs in there then it'll tell you how much they'll give you for it, although theyre prices are a little low. But it should give you an idea anyway.

Alex

Zangetsu

Reaction score
Question: isnt it time for a new computer i mean, seriously, dude 1gb, 80GB HDD, a CTR monitor its friggen outdated it wont be worth alot of money maybe 50-200 bucks

componentwarehouse

Reaction score
Question: isnt it time for a new computer i mean, seriously, dude 1gb, 80GB HDD, a CTR monitor its friggen outdated it wont be worth alot of money maybe 50-200 bucks

Yes, thats why he said that he was thinking of selling this one and getting a new one (or words to that effect anyway)

Alex