Check out my website!!!!

angela29

Reaction score
Hello my name is Angela. I just got my webiste off and running today. Some of my pages are still under construction but please tell me what you think thus far. Any constructive criticism would be nice.
Thanks A Bunch
The link to it is below.

http://www.fairytailarts.x10hosting.com/

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I cant give a detailed review since the really big banner is distracting me =D
is this how it is supposed to look?
[attached]

Attachments

• Aviary fairytailarts-x10hosting-com Picture 1.png
    Aviary fairytailarts-x10hosting-com Picture 1.png
    983 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

angela29

Reaction score
Yeah...... I am still playing around with that aspect. With the market I am going towards show dog owners, many of their logos are very large and boastful on their own website, catch your eye quickly....different type of person.........so I will probably tone it down a bit when I have some more time to play with my logo......maybe mostly black and white with FairytailArts in a lound poppin color. I am a newbie though so knowing that how do you think it looks?

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Good site!

you design it very well. but the header is too large. just because of the picture.

angela29

Reaction score
Ok I changed the banner/logo, a bit smaller now. Is it easier on your eyes:) Not sure why it isn't loading for you. Thanks to all of you for your input

earthinc

Banned
Reaction score
Awesome paintings! Makes me want a painting of my dog :)
And I love and miss Dayton. I'm near cinci, now :(

Linkz0rs

Reaction score
Ok I changed the banner/logo, a bit smaller now. Is it easier on your eyes:) Not sure why it isn't loading for you. Thanks to all of you for your input

Your site looks good.

But your header is still too large. as everyone saying.lol

angela29

Reaction score
I actually had it set up that way at first and changed it because the are so large they get cut off and peole may not go to them because they just don't scroll over . I am thing about just having one "Gallery" page and then have links to the different types of galleries......still in the thinking process. But all insight has been helpful, keep it coming:). Thanks A Bunch!!!!

angela29

Reaction score
Alright for all my logo haters out there:) I made it even smaller tell me what you think. If I make it much smaller it won't be very eye catching....considering I am an artist and that is what I am selling......hmmmm, telll me what you think.
Thanks

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Now look much much better....;)

Last edited:

wongers

Reaction score
hey there, i like the site, and i really like your work, its outstanding.

looking at the design layout of your site though, it appears that your logo in your header may of stretched the surrounding areas out a bit too much so they dont seem to align properly anymore?

if you dont get what i mean, i would be more than happy to provide a screenshot to assist?

angela29

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your compliments and advice. I have been doing them for a while, and just finally got a little extra time and perseverance to try and set up a website..........what a time to pick to quit smoking too:) Yeah sure, post the screen shot for me just so maybe I can see a different angle then what I am seeing. I am using a webbuilder so unfortunately I am using a template so my logo, is stacked on top of what would be the banner which repeats itself as well. I can never get it centered either. Since I am using a webuilder I think some of my options are limited. :nuts:

wongers

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your compliments and advice. I have been doing them for a while, and just finally got a little extra time and perseverance to try and set up a website..........what a time to pick to quit smoking too:) Yeah sure, post the screen shot for me just so maybe I can see a different angle then what I am seeing. I am using a webbuilder so unfortunately I am using a template so my logo, is stacked on top of what would be the banner which repeats itself as well. I can never get it centered either. Since I am using a webuilder I think some of my options are limited. :nuts:

ive attached the screenshot to this post if you want to take a look?

Attachments

• header.JPG
    header.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 13

daipad

Reaction score
Great design! I think you should apply flash in your gallery section...:cool:

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You header is too big, you should decrease its height but your logo is very nice the way you have used to write Fairy tail Arts is very nice. I don't like that when your site loads I see only Welcome note and after scrolling down the rest of the content, if you wanna show welcome note than make some arrangement that only welcome note is there and nothing else to read, you can have a registration box on that page but it won't work for your site and may distract your most of the visitors.