Chopin E-Mail Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

black-rain-ninja

Reaction score
Is anyone else on Chopin having issues with their E-Mail accounts?

I get most of my incoming e-mails but I can not send anything from my accounts.......And it seems paypal can't send anything to me as well I've been trying to confirm my e-mail address for a few days and I'm not even getting the confirmation message in my inbox.

I know the address is typed in correctly I've checked that like 20 times.

I also used my hotmail account to try and send a message to my self to test it and it never came through.

Is this just me or is this a server issue?

:nuts:

sprotch

Reaction score
Hi black-rain-ninja

I'm new to x10hosting (first website launched on Saturday) and could also observe problems with mails on Chopin.

According to the "unofficial" server status page, SMTP (outgoing mail service) seems to be down on Chopin and this since Saturday at least.

POP3 (incoming mail service) seems to be up on Chopin.

This could explain why most of your incoming mails go through but none of your outgoing mails.

Regarding your problem with PayPal I assume that they never received your confirmation email (SMTP problem) and therefore do not send you any confirmation.

So be patient and keep an eye on the server status page. As soon as the SMTP indicator becomes green you should no longer have problems with outgoing emails.

Kind regards from Switzerland!

black-rain-ninja

Reaction score
Thanks for confirming I'm not just going crazy :)

I saw the unofficial statues showed errors but it has been like that for a few days and I was starting to think maybe it was wrong and the issue was only on my system setup, I didn't see anyone else having issues.

I think I'll send in a ticket I'm sure they know that SMTP isn't working right but I'm trying to confirm my PayPal setup is correct so that a sponsor can pay his bill, So I'd like to get an ETA on when I can expect it to be fixed.

I'll be sure to post an update if I get a response from them before it is fixed.....I'm only sending it LOW priority so they may fix it before they see the ticket.

:lockd:
Edit:
And as expected I sent in the "ST" and they got it back up already :biggrin:

Thanks again for the reply.....And it now appears that Chopins SMTP service is back up and running again.

-Thank you x10

Last edited:

black-rain-ninja

Reaction score
Ok its almost working......I can send e-mail out now and receive some messages but I'm still not getting the confirmation e-mail from paypal.

I've requested it over and over and it isn't coming through.....However I copied and pasted the same address right from PayPal how I typed it in and put it in my Hotmail account and and sent a test message and that came through.

I don't know why I'm not getting the PayPal E-mails something still seems to be messed up with the SMTP system......I was thinking it may just be backlogged but I don't know cause when I tested it with that hotmail e-mail that came right through :nuts::rant2::nuts:

Status
Not open for further replies.