Chopin not sending Emails!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

arlenemc

Reaction score
its working!

i'm on chopin, and i have started receiving my emails including those from yesterday. thanks so much... great work guys!

mc se7en

Reaction score
So, if I use Google Apps, does server downtime like this have any impact on my mail since I'm using their server, but my domain and MX records are on x10 and pointing to Google?

voyager7429

Reaction score
I just did another test, and this is what I found...

Yahoo -- can send mail from x10 to yahoo; can receive mail on x10 from yahoo

Gmail -- can send mail from x10 to gmail; not receiving mail from gmail

Hotmail -- not receiving mail at hotmail from x10; not receiving mail at x10 from hotmail

blackheart99999

Reaction score
Whether its stoli or choppin we can never be sure that this kind of errors will never happen in the future !

And "MC SE7EN" is bang on target ! Is there a way to get out of this problem ?

Or even after moving to google apps we will still be having problems whenever theres problem in x10 mail ?

ntsite

Reaction score
I just did another test, and this is what I found...

Yahoo -- can send mail from x10 to yahoo; can receive mail on x10 from yahoo

Gmail -- can send mail from x10 to gmail; not receiving mail from gmail

Hotmail -- not receiving mail at hotmail from x10; not receiving mail at x10 from hotmail

Could you explain what is the test for? Did you test it to know whether it works when x10 mail is down, or is it general use of Mail services for Domain?
Edit:
So, if I use Google Apps, does server downtime like this have any impact on my mail since I'm using their server, but my domain and MX records are on x10 and pointing to Google?

For my opinion it should work, as physically message is sent from Gmail.
and pointing MX address is in DNS, which is not affected with mail problem.
I would like adminstrators or more experienced users to correct me If I'm wrong on this.

Last edited:

voyager7429

Reaction score
Could you explain what is the test for? Did you test it to know whether it works when x10 mail is down, or is it general use of Mail services for Domain?

I did the test because the mail service was not working properly and I have web-based accounts with yahoo, gmail, and hotmail. Currently, I can send to all 3 (gmail, hotmail, yahoo), but only receiving mail at x10 address from yahoo...mail from hotmail and gmail accounts is not getting through...

mc se7en

Reaction score
I just tried my gmail and yahoo accounts and mail is coming through from both.

ntsite

Reaction score
I did the test because the mail service was not working properly and I have web-based accounts with yahoo, gmail, and hotmail. Currently, I can send to all 3 (gmail, hotmail, yahoo), but only receiving mail at x10 address from yahoo...mail from hotmail and gmail accounts is not getting through...

rmm...its interesting...Maybe its related with mail problem, but at first there seems no problem with mails right now. And on the other hand I used Gmail, and there was no problem with emails. I just left Gmail due to nonstandart IMAP service. Otherwise I would prefer Gmail as a Mail service for my domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.