chopin server issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulhaven

Reaction score
Hi,

I posted this question in a related thread, but it seems that people only reply to new threads...

I thought that I would post here, since I have the same problem. I am on server chopin, username quietlyc. However, since the server move, I have had on and off issues seeing my website, and now logging into my control panel. The website has been down (no more on and off... just plain off) for a couple of weeks... I kept being hopeful that it might come back. Had come to the conclusion that it was a Wordpress setting that I needed to edit. But now cpanel is down, too.

Full error message:

This webpage is not available.

The webpage at https://chopin.x10hosting.com:2083/login/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Here are some suggestions:
Reload this web page later.
More information on this error
Below is the original error message

Error 118 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT): The operation timed out.
UNQUOTE

My friend, using a Mac (I use Windows) and in the US (I'm in NZ) just tried to look at my website, too... and couldn't. It probably is a tweak I need to do to Wordpress to fix that, but I can't even log into cPanel.

Have now emptied my cache. No improvement.

My website should be quietlyconfident.exofire.net

Can anyone see it? And if so, why would that be?

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
Its loading fine for me.Flush your DNS and try or else try using a proxy

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Try visiting your site via http://hidemyass.com and does it work? Also, seems you have a database connection error, I suggest you re-link your mysql databases.

soulhaven

Reaction score
OK.. it does work through hidemeyass... does this mean it is an ISP issue? Can I spank their ass?

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
No, I don't think it is, have you tried using another computer or asking a friend if they can access? Also, what have you done with your site so far?

soulhaven

Reaction score
Have flushed DNS and cleared cache and still no joy.

Via hidemyass.com I can log in to my cPanel. But my File Manager then seems broken - all the icons are broken, and it says "Data error" where it should list the files in a file-tree thingee. Is this because I am logging in via hidemyass.com, do you think? Any thoughts on a better remedy.

soulhaven

Reaction score
The current story goes that I can log in to my cPanel and view my website if I VNC into my husband's work computer (they have a different ISP). So, it would appear that my ISP is blocking x10hosting for some reason. I have contacted them to remedy this.

023yangbo

Reaction score
I always meet this problem
maybe because this is the freehost

Last edited:

soulhaven

Reaction score
It seemed that someone managed to use my site for some phishing... ?? I guess that is the peril of allowing commenting. Have rectified it now and my ISP has stopped blocking my website.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
It's good to see that you are unblocked, does it work now?

soulhaven

Reaction score
Yes, I can see it, now.

Still can't log into chopin File Manager, but I don't need that very often, so I will survive!

But just so everyone knows - if you find you have this issue - just check via another ISP... it may be an ISP issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.