Christmas lights

RealisationInc

Reaction score
Post any pictures of Christmas lights that you have / find on the net.

This is in London:

snowman.png

Joker Boy

Reaction score
Nice. As big as Texas is, there are really no good lights. Except for Williams Tower. thats about it. (Used to be Transco, which pwnd, but some retard renamed it Williams tower. Fools.)

So yeah. THats about it.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Nice i wish i had one of those but it would be to much electricity

swirly

Reaction score
http://www.komar.org/cgi-bin/christmas_webcam
You guys have gotta see this! This guy has tons of lights and inflatables around his house, that are hooked up so that you the user can turn the lights on and off and inflate or deflate the lights! He's doing this to raise money for celiacs disease.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
God I need to find the movie from last year/year before/whatever the heck year it was, the guy had his lights synchronized to a song by Trans Siberian Orchestra.

Nm, 2 seconds on youtube yields http://youtube.com/watch?v=jvN-NKmb_Mk ^_^

If that's not in the top ten christmas light setups ever, you're fired. :)

Edit: Forgot, not safe for 56k, and it might be best to walk away or mute your sound if your pc can't stream it without stuttering (like mine) - it kicks more backside when you watch it without it stuttering :)

There should be a better quality one somewhere, but heck if I know where to even start looking. It was big in the news a year or two ago, just glad theres still copies of it floating around.

Last edited:

Chris Z

Reaction score
yup, Livewire, we have one of those in the neighborhood right next to us, i might just have to make a video of it the next time i go there :)

it has more than just one with the lights synchronized though, i think it probably has like 6 songs (one is even hilary duff :))

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Might even be the same people. It made the headlines for a while when they closed it down - they had told the police if there were too many accidents caused by people driving to see it (fender benders, blocked traffic, etc) they would close it down.

It got closed down when too many people decided to bump the car ahead of them XD

Chris Z

Reaction score
nope, it originally started out in Ohio, I live in Illinois though, the guy that created the light synchronizations that lives in Ohio-his name is Carson Williams

RealisationInc

Reaction score
God I need to find the movie from last year/year before/whatever the heck year it was, the guy had his lights synchronized to a song by Trans Siberian Orchestra.

Nm, 2 seconds on youtube yields http://youtube.com/watch?v=jvN-NKmb_Mk ^_^

If that's not in the top ten christmas light setups ever, you're fired. :)

Edit: Forgot, not safe for 56k, and it might be best to walk away or mute your sound if your pc can't stream it without stuttering (like mine) - it kicks more backside when you watch it without it stuttering :)

There should be a better quality one somewhere, but heck if I know where to even start looking. It was big in the news a year or two ago, just glad theres still copies of it floating around.

That must use allot of electricity :biggrin: Impressive stuff.

avianwings

Reaction score

I saw that one posted on another website around this time, last year. Even though it is quite impressive that those lights were timed to that song, I can't imagine how many people around that neighbourhood it must have annoyed. There is such a thing as "going overboard" with Christmas lights (if anyone has watched National Lampoon's : Christmas Vacation, you shouldn't know exactly what I'm talking about).

Anywho, for my contribution to this thread...let me present an entire street, littered with these lights.

7570-Christmas-lights--Medellin-0.jpg

apple19

Reaction score
Pretty cool lights.....There used to be a guy in Toronto who would be interviewed every Christmas. he'd spend approximately $2,000 on decorations, and would start in september!......Thanks and Merry Christmas.

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
Pretty cool lights.....There used to be a guy in Toronto who would be interviewed every Christmas. he'd spend approximately $2,000 on decorations, and would start in september!......Thanks and Merry Christmas.

yeah and this one guy would make his house like have a show that would go to a radio stations music. It was cool.

Last edited:

Chris Z

Reaction score
Well I did a google search and found this - http://www.komar.org/christmas/2004/majorgeeks.jpg , its a big picture and just look in his hand its all
crazy...i used to live near Longmont when I lived in Colorado

yeah and this one guy would make his house like have a show that would go to a radio stations music. It was cool.
That's what i was talking about on the first page and i found out that the guy in my neighborhood that does the radio station thing..he has 37,365 lights and he pays an extra $150 on his electric bill in december and he starts putting the lights up on October 15th

edit-if anyone wants the newspaper article, i'll scan it and attach it

Last edited: