Chrome launched by Google

psgalaxy91

Reaction score
I didn't like Chrome that much... Internet Explorer works with everything, so it's the best (in my opinion)

zen-r

Reaction score
I didn't like Chrome that much... Internet Explorer works with everything, so it's the best (in my opinion)

I generally find you need several browsers since they all have their problems.

Have you tried saving a webpage on eBay using Internet Explorer? Many people want to, to save a record of the advertisement of an item they've just bought -but then discover eBay won't let the page be saved. Now try to save the page using Firefox -success! However, Firefox often has trouble loading webpages which were optimised for IE, either badly formatting the screen layout, or taking forever to load.

So, you can't really win using just the 1 browser. It will probably take a while, though, before Chrome has enough features to make it the main browser of choice for me.

And you say that IE "works with everything". Well sometimes, yes - but it has a history of working rather too well with viruses & malicious websites as well, particularly in its older versions!

mattura

Reaction score
I managed to make it do something weird! Here's how:

Open two tabs
Click one, then the other, then the first, etc
do this as fast as you can until...
you get an invisible tab!

It takes up space, you can re-order it, you can only get back to it by closing the tabs after it, and you can't close it (unless you close the whole browser).

N!elz

Reaction score
Chrome is great! It's still in his beta-form, but it's superb! It's comparable with Firefox 3. It's superfast, you click and it's open! You should try it!
EDIT:
Chrome does open pages, which were optimised for IE8, but don't work in IE8! :p

Last edited:

idontknow95129

Reaction score
The only reason google launched chrome was to laugh in microsoft's face. Saying, "Oh yeah? You think you're so tough? We can do better than you without being evil."

exemption

Reaction score
I don't think that we need any more browsers..but it's google so what can you expect..they are coming out with just about everything..
I wont be surprised if they start making computer towers here soon and such things of the same sort..
But the browser is a good one..it loads up quick but can be unresponsive to alot of web pages..does not load PHP that well and can see alot of errors inside of the browser..but it is kinda neat and efficient when it comes to browser view..
My opinion :thefinger

lastrider

Reaction score
I haven't tried it, but I'll need much convincing for me to budge from the Firefox I love <3

mattura

Reaction score
I haven't tried it, but I'll need much convincing for me to budge from the Firefox I love <3

I thought that would be the case for me, but as it turns out, I was largely convinced by the start up time... I opened both browsers on startup, and Chrome always loaded first, so I was off away browsing! By the way IE was slower than firefox, Safari was a mite quicker, but not as quick as Chrome.
This is all on my machine/setup so others may have different results.
I do miss firebug though, and a couple of other things.

like2program

Reaction score
I would have to point out that although Chrome is really cool, it jut doesn't have all of the features that Firefox has or can be added on. This is one of it's main cons.

kbjradmin

Reaction score
i have ie, firefox, and chrome; and after using all of them, i have to say that i just don't think that chrome is ready to join the big leagues. the interface is too user-friendly, and i don't like the theme. yes it loads fast, but quite often with errors. i will stick to more reliable browsers.

by the way, firefox is the best.