class can't create accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolter

Reaction score
Hi. I am a professor who has asked my class to create an account. I already have one. We are in the same classroom. Every student is unable to create the account - it says an account already exists, but it really doesn't.
Can anyone help me? Is it because we are all in the same classroom?

Thanks
Carol.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Carol,

Please message me or post the IP address everyone will be using, we will have to whitelist the IP to allow multiple signups.

holdenkx

Reaction score
Corey,
I'm in the same situation. I'm trying to get my students signed up for free hosting and only one is accepted. May I send you my ip address to have it whitelisted for multiple signups?

bmslesso

Reaction score
I will be using this to teach tomorrow as well. What do I need to do to ensure that multiple accounts can be submitted?

holdenkx

Reaction score
Another problem, The class apparently hadn't logged in for the last 30 days so every account was suspended. Also when I asked them to go to the x10hosting site from the college we couldn't even get the site to come up. I don't know if that was the college server problem or if your site was down. I have class tonight so I can see if there is still a problem but what do I do about the accounts being suspended?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Assuming that you can get through to the login, and that it has been less than 21 days since the accounts were suspended, your students should be able to unsuspend themselves.* If it has been more than 21 days, the accounts will have been deleted from the servers.

*Occasionally the unsuspend process gets stuck, and will need intervention. If that happens, then each of the users will have to post here requesting help using the forum username attached to their account - there are more support people who can access the account from the linked username and fix the problem than there are people who can find accounts based on a common IP address, and waiting for somebody with keys to the kingdom could take enough time for the termination/deletion process to complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.