Click This if Your Site Unexpectedly Goes Offline!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xm

Reaction score
For the past week, my website, hosted on the Starka server, unexpectedly goes offline, for like, 6 hours at a time. At any moment...
Sick of seeing these messages?:

b82a80.png

I AM!

liliford

Reaction score
Calm down mate it is a free server it is most likely 60 percent problems so you will get use to it.
If you are not satisfied upgrade.

xm

Reaction score
Calm down mate it is a free server it is most likely 60 percent problems so you will get use to it.
If you are not satisfied upgrade.
My friend is on stoli and he has never had an issue in 2 years...

liliford

Reaction score
I am on starka and it as always been like that for almost a year.

xm

Reaction score
I am on starka and it as always been like that for almost a year.

Is there a way to request a change of sever? This sucks that I got put on this server.
X10 is too lazy and never reads their support tickets.

liliford

Reaction score
If you check there http://status.x10hosting.com/ you will see that all free servers have there problems so it will not solved your problem even if you change of free server.

And for the support tickets they reply to about 5 percent of them for free users.

So if you want a better service like i told you in a previous reply you will have to pay.

Last edited:

xm

Reaction score
[competitor name removed] offers 10,000 MB of disk space and bandwidth. They are uptime 100% and was never down for me. I decided to switch to x10 because I used to host a site on here and it was never down. I was on stoli, which to me, is one of the better servers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
And for the support tickets they reply to about 5 percent of them for free users.

This is completely untrue. While it may take a while for replies (we strive to answer all support tickets promptly, but since all of us are volunteers response times can sometimes take upwards of 72 hours). The only tickets that we close without answering are those which are opened for known server issues (either stated here on the News and Announcements forum or on the status website), otherwise every ticket will get an answer -- eventually.

In fact, looking at our ticketing system reports for this past month, the average response time for a staff reply looks to be around 8 hours for the workweek (Monday through Friday) for General support, other support departments take a bit longer due to there being less support volunteers capable of providing support to those departments (Escalated, Illuminated).

mraz

Reaction score
This is completely untrue. While it may take a while for replies (we strive to answer all support tickets promptly, but since all of us are volunteers response times can sometimes take upwards of 72 hours). The only tickets that we close without answering are those which are opened for known server issues (either stated here on the News and Announcements forum or on the status website), otherwise every ticket will get an answer -- eventually.

In fact, looking at our ticketing system reports for this past month, the average response time for a staff reply looks to be around 8 hours for the workweek (Monday through Friday) for General support, other support departments take a bit longer due to there being less support volunteers capable of providing support to those departments (Escalated, Illuminated).

I see , that explains why i don't get a reply on my ticket for days.

Don't it feel wrong that tickets that require higher attention not getting priorities in tech support due to the the support assigned to that dept is lesser?

Based on my understanding General support or Illuminated support should not have any difference whilst escalated cases need to be prioritize as obviously it's not related to known server issues and requires admins access to the server?

I mean it's like telling your clients to pay slightly more to get a better uptime but hey, if you report any issues, we won't be able to assists you that quickly because majority of our support staff can only attend to General support.

Sorry if it looks like i'm hijacking the thread but am quite surprised by the statement.

*rantings end*

Reactions: xm

liliford

Reaction score
I see , that explains why i don't get a reply on my ticket for days.

Don't it feel wrong that tickets that require higher attention not getting priorities in tech support due to the the support assigned to that dept is lesser?

Based on my understanding General support or Illuminated support should not have any difference whilst escalated cases need to be prioritize as obviously it's not related to known server issues and requires admins access to the server?

I mean it's like telling your clients to pay slightly more to get a better uptime but hey, if you report any issues, we won't be able to assists you that quickly because majority of our support staff can only attend to General support.

Sorry if it looks like i'm hijacking the thread but am quite surprised by the statement.

*rantings end*

I am also surprised about that reply like you because all tickets i have open so far have not been replied or deleted.

jpr28056

Reaction score

I have to take exception with this answer also. I opened two support tickets AFTER issues with my server had been supposedly fixed. Never got any response and both were closed. Only after I mentioned Cloudfare being missing from CPanel in the feedback forum did it get mentioned on the service alert page and that was June 17. Cloudfare still is not showing up on CPanel. I eventually got help from Cloudfare to somewhat get my sites working but they still are not correct.

I know you guys are volunteers and I appeciate what all of you and X10 do but please don't tell us that every ticket gets an answer when they don't.

mraz

Reaction score
I have to take exception with this answer also. I opened two support tickets AFTER issues with my server had been supposedly fixed. Never got any response and both were closed. Only after I mentioned Cloudfare being missing from CPanel in the feedback forum did it get mentioned on the service alert page and that was June 17. Cloudfare still is not showing up on CPanel. I eventually got help from Cloudfare to somewhat get my sites working but they still are not correct.

I know you guys are volunteers and I appeciate what all of you and X10 do but please don't tell us that every ticket gets an answer when they don't.

Very weirdly the same exact thing happened to me. LOL.

Cloudflare support help me deactivate my x10 cloudflare account within an hour i opened a ticket with their support.

xm

Reaction score
Yeah, although I'm on free hosting, I expect to at least receive SOME support. I haven't had ANY reply to ANY ticket I have ever made. Even to the ones from about a year back. This is unacceptable. When I need help, I NEED help.

GtoXic

x10 Support
Reaction score
Very weirdly the same exact thing happened to me. LOL.

Cloudflare support help me deactivate my x10 cloudflare account within an hour i opened a ticket with their support.

Cloudflare are a Third Party company and are not owned by x10Hosting

mraz

Reaction score

Well thats what i thought too but on their site, it says i got my cloudflare activated from x10hosting - so i have to approach x10hosting.

Thats the only reason i raised a ticket here..

But its okay - i raised a ticket there too and they managed to fix it for me.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Yeah, although I'm on free hosting, I expect to at least receive SOME support. I haven't had ANY reply to ANY ticket I have ever made. Even to the ones from about a year back. This is unacceptable. When I need help, I NEED help.

I see a total of 2 tickets on your account, one opened 27 July 2012 and one opened 28 July 2012. The one opened on the 27th seems to have been closed by yourself (the log says it was closed by system, which means you either closed it yourself in the portal, or it was caused by a bug in the support desk software). The one opened on the 28th is still open, but we simply haven't gotten to it yet since we are working the ticket backlog oldest-first. I see no tickets older than those two since we have moved to the new support system back in November 2011. Our old forum-based support system was flawed and many tickets did indeed go completely unanswered, but that is no longer the case with the new ticket system -- if we mass close tickets without a response we make a news post or reply saying why. Otherwise we answer tickets (eventually, see below), or they get closed by you guys before we get to them (not our fault in that case).

Please be aware that it can sometimes take a while to get a response in Free Hosting support -- sometimes up to a week. "Bumping" your tickets will only delay their response, as that effectively sends them to the back of the queue. If you have an issue with the fact that you are getting FREE support for your FREE hosting backed by volunteers who offer this service in their free time and it is "taking too long", I'm going to be honest and say we don't want people with that kind of attitude of entitlement here (this isn't to attack you personally, this was meant as a general statement to everyone reading this thread, as many other people have voiced sentiments about this as well). I am going to start handing out infractions to users who disrespect our volunteer support staff or spread blatantly false lies about our system because they don't provide any proof for their statements.

jpr28056

Reaction score

You are correct, but it was put on CPanel by x10 and in my case, because I enabled it through CPanel the settings were controlled by x10 and not Cloudfare so when Cloudfare went missing on CPanel I could not change anything. I opened two support tickets and they were closed with no response what so ever for this issue.

mraz

Reaction score
You are correct, but it was put on CPanel by x10 and in my case, because I enabled it through CPanel the settings were controlled by x10 and not Cloudfare so when Cloudfare went missing on CPanel I could not change anything. I opened two support tickets and they were closed with no response what so ever for this issue.

If u have not got this resolved yet, just raise a ticket @ cloudflare. They will reset your cloudflare account as a standalone from which you can configure your cloudflare settings from their site.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Thread Closed.

The Free Hosting section is for support requests not for ongoing discussions such as this.

Status
Not open for further replies.