Cloud Flare

Status
Not open for further replies.

TF4um

Reaction score
I dont totally understand that feature, is there any advantage to me and my forum or X10 if i hook up to that, or is it potentially more trouble that its worth??

TF4um

Reaction score
Update: Ok since i got no reply on my first question, i went ahead and tried to sign up for Cloud Flare, via the button on my CPanel. Went through the process, adding my email and password as directed, it acted like it was going to work then a little screen shows up with my info and a little grey cloud that is supposed to be orange, and a message that says your site is not powered by Cloud Flare. Clicking the cloud or edit button only brings you right back to that same screen.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong ?? Or better yet, just fix it :)

TF4um

Reaction score
Ok, i found out by myself, that in order to use cloudflare i have to change the nameservers at X10 how is that done ?? you cant do it with the system suppled by x10 on the cpanel

TF4um

Reaction score
Please forgive me for saying so but if that button dont work, it should be removed from the member CPanel, so as not to cause issues.

xweb3x10

Reaction score
I imagine that as a plug-in to cPanel that the admins would not be in a hurry to support it. I'm certain that they have their hands full ensuring that the servers perform as they should.

My only experience with nameservers is on the domain name side. Are the nameservers at your registrar pointing to x10?
Beyond that, it does appear that there is quite a rich support system at https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us.

TF4um

Reaction score
Hmmm im sorry, i thought that the admins could deal with anything they chose to, i would think X10 would be interested in anything that took load off their own servers.
No the support at cloud flare is almost none. Actually the only reason i wanted to use it was to try to help the load on x10 servers, if that is not the case, then i dont care. Thanks for your reply. i have no idea where the name servers are pointing?? im on x10 totally and dont have the ability to even see what they are much less change them.
No matter. Cloud flare is now history as far as im concerned.

xweb3x10

Reaction score
Ah. I think I see what was happening. I have a domain name registered with GoDaddy. On Godaddy's site I set the nameservers of that domain name to match x10's nameservers. After the setting took effect I was able to add my domain to x10's cPanel "Add on Domain". Now I can use my domain name to see my x10 instead of using the default http://username.x10.bz.

TF4um

Reaction score
exactly, but when you are with x10 to start with, thats not possible. Someone in x10 admin authority has to deal with that and either they dont know how or just dont want to. Either way its no big deal for me, just trying to lighten the load on X10, but oh well :)

xweb3x10

Reaction score
That can't be true. At least it wasn't not in my case, I started out using their domain and added on my own later on. Try it. Go to your registrar, change the nameservers to match x10's and wait (no more than two days). Once it has propagated add on your domain in x10's cPanel and viola!

Status
Not open for further replies.