CloudFlare: How do I know it's working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coltongrubbs14

Reaction score
Hello,

I have setup CloudFlare and enabled on my control panel for my website and made a CloudFlare account. My CloudFlare account reports that CloudFlare is working, but how do I make sure? Is there a way to check and make sure CloudFlare is up and running fine?

I would love to have CloudFlare because it seems as it would benefit both me and x10hosting. My website would load quicker, and less bandwidth would be used on x10hosting's side.

Another question: I plan on using quite a lot of bandwidth (Over 500MB a day). Is this fine? I know x10hosting says I have "Unlimited" Bandwidth, but I know that there is a limit (it's not like I can go and max out the connection 24/7). Please keep note that CloudFlare will be enabled, so some bandwidth will be saved (after reading how CloudFlare works, I believe that a LOT is).

Thanks for the help! x10hosting has been great so far. Pingdom is reporting a 100% uptime for the past 4 days, and the performance is great.

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
In your cpanel,If the cloud turns to orangish colour you should know that the cloudflare on your x10 hosting is on.

Another question: I plan on using quite a lot of bandwidth (Over 500MB a day). Is this fine? I know x10hosting says I have "Unlimited" Bandwidth, but I know that there is a limit (it's not like I can go and max out the connection 24/7). Please keep note that CloudFlare will be enabled, so some bandwidth will be saved (after reading how CloudFlare works, I believe that a LOT is).
Not that you should be careful not to risk the High resource usage(HRU) suspension.
So if you overload the server, HRU suspension might occur.

coltongrubbs14

Reaction score
In your cpanel,If the cloud turns to orangish colour you should know that the cloudflare on your x10 hosting is on.

Not that you should be careful not to risk the High resource usage(HRU) suspension.
So if you overload the server, HRU suspension might occur.

It's an orangish color. I guess it's enabled. Thanks!

Also, I won't be using much CPU at all (It's just files being downloaded and displayed on the other ends device, not any processing server-side). Just bandwidth.

Status
Not open for further replies.