CMS edit caused blank page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brokenfor

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have just updated my page template files using CMS Made Simple. But now if I try to view the page in a browser it's gone blank as if it can't access that template file stored in a SQL database.

Has anyone got any ideas as to why this is happening. Is there some sort of database reading error or even PHP.

please help it's all gone blank.

Login name: broken
URL: brokenfor.x10hosting.com

Thanks

bugfinder

Retired
Reaction score
Check in your public_html directory for an error_log (not the one on your cpanel) and see if somehow when you were editing it you made a typo somewhere, it should report php type errors in there.

Brokenfor

Reaction score
Nothing in there from today, last error registered was on 14th Jan andy other ideas?

Thanks

Brokenfor

Reaction score
Hi,

I tried using an external SQL database and once I update the template it works again running from that one. I think there may be a problem with it connecting properly to the sql database that you have hosted for me. Have their been changes in the security settings or any thing for SQl databases that I have missed as this has worked for over half a year.

Thanks

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We haven't made any changes, it's possible the database might have got corrupted. Try going to your cPanel and repairing it.

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.