CMS/Forum Users mesh?

Mightymatt54

Reaction score
Rather confusing topic title i know, but its the best i can think of....

Anyways, As you may or may not know, i personally own a server (Yes, own. As in, i have full control over it, and the hardware is all legally mine too, I'm special like that) that i plan to run a community site based around programming on. My problem is, how can i get it so that when members register on Joomla it will have them be registered on the phpBB3 forums?

I have full local access to the server, so anything that needs done through the SQL command prompt or what not i can easily do, i brought the server home with me this week to perfect some aspects that are easier with a monitor plugged into it and over the LAN

Anyways, Help please?

Jose Magsino

Reaction score
I believe there is a plugin for joomlah for that... try to google it.
HTH
Thanks.

tittat

Reaction score
You must go for Alternative authentication mechanisms.
But i dont know whether there is a plugin for phpBB3

in e107 CMS its possible and i have tried it.

Mightymatt54

Reaction score
So i just need to search for "Joomla plugins"?

I'll try it now...

Edit:

I cant find anything, can someone link me to one or PM me one and either way, include detailed instructions for installation, im not good with that kind of thing :)

Last edited:

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Try Joomla bridge in search. But from some info I read somewhere, due to software changes, the bridge they use to have is now illegal to use. But there should be something.

xprtweb

Reaction score
I would go to the Joomla & PHPBB forums and make a post describing what you want to be done. I am quite sure someone will come up with a solution if there is one.

Mightymatt54

Reaction score
Okay, because they're both running in the same database, just different table prefixes. (I'm too lazy to go through command prompt to make a new table for it)

I'll keep searching now...