CMS Help?

tekkie77

Reaction score
Hello. I was wondering what was the best CMS (content managing system) for me to use. I am really struggling editing all the HTML, its too much to handle. I was going to try Joomla!, but i am not sure what the best one is.
kthx bai

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
There isn't really a "best" one, though Joomla! and Drupal are two of the most popular ones. It depends on what you need.

Based on my experiences:

Joomla! is easier to use and manage and is best suited for more beginners.

Drupal is much more difficult to use but can have many possibilities. I've seen many large successful sites with Drupal including mywot.com.

This might be useful: http://www.goodwebpractices.com/other/wordpress-vs-joomla-vs-drupal.html

Last edited:

conzone

Reaction score
I tried both a year ago and neither was what I has hopping for.:(
Started to look at Typo but only the old version on X10.
What are you trying to do ? just a basic web site?

tekkie77

Reaction score
Well, kind of. I would like to have a simple website, but also add lots of content.

Edit: I have decided to choose Joomla! because it seems the easiest.

Last edited:

fretwizz

Reaction score
Take your pick... they both handle the input of text in a similar fashion. Why not try them both out for awhile?

krofunk

Reaction score
I use textpattern...not all that different from word press but it is easily customised with html, its only really good for blogs etc. for an entire site I would use joomla, dragonfly or phpnuke

jwbowden

Reaction score
My advice would be to install XAMPP, LAMPP, or WAMP and test out several candidates and see which are most suitable for your site and also which of them is most easily adapted for admin.

I've tried pretty much every CMS software around -- used movable type for years, built a couple of sites using Joomla, also Drupal, but for my money Wordpress is easiest to set up, administer, and use.

Still, you should give 'em all a shot and see which, if any, turn you off immediately etc. etc.