CO.CC was blocked in Google. Was it a right move?

Was blocking the entire co.cc domain the right thing to do?

• Definitely

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 28 58.3%
  • I really don't care, I have my own top-level domain

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters

Darkmere

Reaction score
it's quite true that co.cc sucks big time when it comes to abuse reports! but getting back to the point, it is a fact that not all of co.cc users are spam or abusive accounts. i believe that Google should somehow whitelist those sites that are proven to be legitimate, those without bad records for abuse upon application of reconsideration.

You know it isnt just google. Most Anti Viruses block all sites coming from there as well. So there has to be a good reason for it

qasim1iqbal

Reaction score
I've been following this story as well. It all comes down to karma I guess. If they can't manage the service completely then its their own fault that it has been blocked on many Anti-virus and search providers.

Reaction score
Co.cc had spam in the same amount as any regular registrar...and I know because I used it for almost two years before moving to NameCheap and I never had any issue with it - the only thing is they never answered to emails.

Co.cc offered not only free but very cheap ($ 3-4/yr) domains, and that's why Google blacklisted them: Namecheap, GoDaddy and their fellow .com registrars were scared of this heavy competitor - millions of young users chose Co.cc free and $ 3/yr domains above Namecheap $ 10/yr - and made a secret deal with Google to remove the threat.
This is, to the profane me, the real reason behind Co.cc's vanishing.

Anyway, I've already found an alternative to Co.cc: www.uni.me the free registrar born from Uni.cc's ashes; I've tried it and it's good.

Last edited: