CoD: Black Ops to get Dedicated Game Servers

roh2cool

Reaction score
CoD: Black Ops to get Dedicated Game Servers

As confirmed by Treyarch head

We might be bit late but it’s never too late to share good information. The seventh Call of Duty game is being planned and is dubbed as Call of Duty: Black Ops. This game will be developed by Treyarch instead of Infinity Ward. Mark Lamia, Treyarch studio head, confirmed with Computer and Video games that CoD: Black Ops players will get dedicated game servers for the PC version of the shooter action game. Finally, PC gamers will get a chance to rejoice.
Seventh Call of Duty: Black Ops game is set between the period after the end of the World War II and the present day. The missions will take place all over the world and hence we may expect to see soldiers speaking different languages and using all kinds of weapons.
Treyarch Studios had developed Call of Duty 3 and Call of Duty: World at War. Lamia told CVG, “I think dedicated servers are excellent. I don’t see any reason not to see them unless… well, I just don’t see any reason not to. It seems people like them and we’re excited about what we’re doing right now.” Alright, so do you need any more explanation over it? Read on.

Full review - http://techzon3.in/?p=488

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
That's always good news. Treyarch doesn't want to step down the path IW did. PC gamers such as I were angry about the changes that Infinity Ward did to Modern Warfare 2 and the lack of dedicated servers.

roh2cool

Reaction score
There are a lot of clans of cod 4 and in every tourney , cod4 is main game, so i hope cod BO would have gameplay like cod4 and gfx like cod mw2, and ya dedicated servers are plus points!

ziikutv

Reaction score
I heard its going to be dirt. You guys should look forward to Medal of Honor

KryptosV2

Reaction score
It's too little too late for Activision regarding the CoD franchise. They absolutely ruined it.

Getting the guys who made World At War isn't going to do anything better. MW1 was by far the best version but now everyone is sold to Bad Company 2. I have no plans on buying yet another CoD game, they just don't get the picture that gamers want things differently than what they give us.

death180

Reaction score
It wasn't IW's choice to have no dedicated servers. Bobby Kotick, CEO of Activision made the decision. And 2 bosses of IW told him that they refused so he fired them. Put someone else in charge (Someone that didn't care about the players and only the money) and thus you have mw2 and the new IW... which by the way, no longer technically exists... because even IW owner, fourzerotwo left for Respawn Entertainment.

mattblog

Reaction score
Treyarch is now my new fav gaming company. Thank god they put dedicated servers on cpu, i actually felt cpu gamers were being left in the water to shrivel and die!

KryptosV2

Reaction score
Treyarch is now my new fav gaming company. Thank god they put dedicated servers on cpu, i actually felt cpu gamers were being left in the water to shrivel and die!

Consoles actually also have CPUs, mate. I think you mean PC players.