CoD2 Vs CoD4

wiileg3nd

Reaction score
I have both of them for PC, wow how come I like CoD2 better it's weird. On xfire, 4.5 million are playing cod2, 7 million cod4, 9 million WoW. It's quite amazing how many are still playing cod2. Which do you prefer.?

tektrnica

Reaction score
CoD4. although CoD2 is good, but the entire game engine for CoD4 is so much better, and its a fun game to play... :D

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I only have Call of Duty 4. It's a fun game, and since I only have this game, I can't say anything for COD2. Call of Duty 4 is a bit dry on Single player after a while, but online is always fun.

Blazer9131

Reaction score
COD4, hands down..

COD, in general, has some of the BEST story plots I've seen..

I don't know about others, but I just don't play a game based on how realistic it looks (it is a bonus thou) or how many aliens you shoot down.. I like a interesting story line as well, and ALL of the COD's I ever played have kick ass story's

~Blaze

wiileg3nd

Reaction score
I care for fun not really much stories lol :p When I'm playing FPS i only find them fun when it's online. But I guess I love cod2 better because wwii weapons are cooler, like the rifle. I love playing in rifles only servers. The only negative thing I find about PC online gaming is that if you want to have a nice dedicated server, or have a clan war in your own server against another clan, or practices, scrimmages, whatever... then your gonna have to pay for a dedicated server.

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
I care for fun not really much stories lol :p When I'm playing FPS i only find them fun when it's online. But I guess I love cod2 better because wwii weapons are cooler, like the rifle. I love playing in rifles only servers. The only negative thing I find about PC online gaming is that if you want to have a nice dedicated server, or have a clan war in your own server against another clan, or practices, scrimmages, whatever... then your gonna have to pay for a dedicated server.

Or you could always set one up yourself if you have fast internet and leave your PC on all the time.

wiileg3nd

Reaction score
haha... I wish I had fast internet. :p but yeah, firstly if I did I wouldn't leave my computer on 24/7... but my internet would probably only support 4 people LOL

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
LOL. I leave all of my PCs on all the time, including my gaming computer which is a monster at eating power up when I'm not using it for gaming as well. My internet has held 64 player games without a problem, though not for dedicated, as 64 players leaves me with VERY little upload left on the line. The download still has a megabit left however :D

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Although Call of Duty one through to three were good, they can't beat 4. The graphics and game-play is so much more captivating, you actually feel involved in the game.

And as for how bad your internet connection is, I doubt I'd be able to host 2 people over my line....but we do have some good LAN parties =D

-Luke.

wiileg3nd

Reaction score
The thing about CoD4 is that it's great graphics and all, but it's too easy to kill someone. It's basically a game of, you see me first, you kill me. I know it's much more realistic, but I wish CoD4 would've stuck with the whole WWII thing, but there are too many WWII games now :p I LOVE rifles only in COD2, so I will keep playing it. I'm not gonna stop CoD4 though.

gamerdude

Reaction score
I also bought and beat CoD2 before 1. I also must point out that I had the 360 version of 2. I have played and beat all of the CoD games and 2 and 4 are my favs. They are different, they cannot be compared.

rjtpc01

Reaction score
Hi all I love all cod games I run a server with cod4 with a mod with a stats site to if you guys want to try it out I'll give you the IP. I done't know if I can put it on the post?