College Student needs something to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfhaze

Reaction score
I am a student in Tempe, AZ studying game development, software engineering, and artificial life. I do not, however, have a job and am looking either for a way to supplement living costs (I'm spread more than just a little thin on money.. :( ) or for volunteer work where I could later earn a recommendation or just some experience learning to do something new.

I am NOT experienced with databases, PHP, or most forms of web programming; my own website here is just running WordPress, but I can troubleshoot well enough to figure out how to run and set-up MediaWiki or most CMSs for the most basic needs. I also am NOT experienced with making web graphics, although I do have a small amount of common sense when it comes to design.

I AM currently learning to program C#. In the summer, I hope to be experienced enough to jump into Silverlight development. This could be even sooner if I have actual tasks to work and something to practice with. :)

I AM currently learning Flash, for game development. By fall, I should hopefully be experienced enough to tackle most tasks involving Flash, but am not ready for that just yet.

Can do..
* Basic C/C++ programming
* Pick up C-like languages fairly well; I have previously worked in MUDs that used LPC.
* Forum moderation
* Data entry, proofreading, or other word-processing tasks
* Technical support (see below)
* Any task for which you are willing to provide training, especially customer service/support or programming-related.

I would especially be interested in game-related projects.

I am fairly knowledgeable when it comes to MUDs, biology, game development, and computers. I also know a bit about psychology, chemistry, organic chemistry, environmental/wildlife conservation, wolf biology, animal/pet care, and biochemistry. If your forum pertains to any of these things, I will likely be able to provide visitors with better service by answering questions or participating more often in conversations.

I am available most days and nights, including holidays and weekends, except daytime Tuesdays and Thursdays (10am-3pm) and Monday nights (6pm-10pm).

Steeevoe

Reaction score
You should go out for a jog or do some exercise with some friends a little time every week. I'm sure it would be better maybe to not do something with computers in the time you have as it sounds like thats all you do!

Wolfhaze

Reaction score
Yeah, I do, but the Arizona desert is a little too hot and dry for me to be outside for too long.

yo12334

Reaction score
I plan on running a forum soon, tech gaming forum of some sort if you might be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.