comment and display

shaunNO2007

Reaction score
hey could it be poss to make or just show me how to make a comment box on my website that when people wite what thay want in it. then it goes to a database and that and then display on the website could you help please

thank you very much

Shaun
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

satbir

Reaction score
What is your site address?

Asking so because depending on what language/ software you are using for your site will define the same.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
hey could it be poss to make or just show me how to make a comment box on my website that when people wite what thay want in it. then it goes to a database and that and then display on the website could you help please

thank you very much

Shaun
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Are you thinking about a Guest book? That'll be a starting point if so...

shaunNO2007

Reaction score
here is my address crazynoise.x10hosting.com plus well an guest book in not what i have in mide just a really simple comment box what when submited it send the data to a database and then send it bk to the website so it is being displayed :):):)

Like This...

<?php

define("DB_SERVER", "localhost");
define("DB_USER", "your_name");
define("DB_PASS", "your_pass");
define("DB_NAME", "your_dbname");

?>

<form id="form2" method="post" action="comments.php">
<p>
<label>
<textarea name="comment" cols="45" rows="8" id="comment" ></textarea>
<br>

<input name="Submit" type="submit" id="submit" value="Submit Your Comment" onclick="this.disabled=true, (comment.disabled=true)" />
</label>
</p>
<div>
<p>Comments<br />
<br />
this is a comment test where&nbsp;i would like the comment to be miss a line for the next comment or 2 <br />
<br />
this is a comment test where&nbsp;i would like the comment to be miss a line for the next comment or 2 <br />
<br />
this is a comment test where&nbsp;i would like the comment to be miss a line for the next comment or 2 </p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</div>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</form>

Last edited:

thepartingtons82

Reaction score
<?php

define("DB_SERVER", "localhost");
define("DB_USER", "your_name");
define("DB_PASS", "your_pass");
define("DB_NAME", "your_dbname");

?>

<form id="form2" method="post" action="comments.php">
<p>
<label>
<textarea name="comment" cols="45" rows="8" id="comment" ></textarea>
<br>

<input name="Submit" type="submit" id="submit" value="Submit Your Comment" onclick="this.disabled=true, (comment.disabled=true)" />
</label>
</p>
<div>
<p>Comments<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
this is a comment test where&nbsp;i would like the comment to be miss a line for the next comment or 2 </p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</div>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</form>

Hey, sorry for responding to such an old post...but I AM a new reader...heh heh.
Anyways, I think the above code is awesome. I was trying to find exactly something like it...as I am probably newer than the original poster of this thread. I only know HTML and barely CSS. I'm learning more every day though.
I was wonder what I needed to do after this code. IE// do I need to set a code on the page I want the users comments to appear on? perhaps create a table as well? something of the sort.
I just want a simple option for my readers to leave a comment viewable to everyone.
I appreciate any suggestions and advice you can offer.