Comments box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

conker87

Reaction score
You've posted in the wrong forum.

But, how do you mean in html? You can't do it jsut in HTMl you'll have to CGI or some other scripts like PHP.

popedurell

Reaction score
Oh I'm sorry, can someone move it for me please?

So you're saying there's nothing I can put in an html file to allow posting by visitors? If not, how can I set up something with php? I don't know how to use php.

conker87

Reaction score
What kind of comment box would you like? Something to leave a message that shows on your website (much like a guest book) or like a contact form?

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
It is impossible to make a comment box using HTML. You'll have to use a language that supports incoming data as well, such as PHP. The easiest way is to make a text file or other file that acts as a database within your public_html folder or any subfolders within it that contains all the information submitted for the comment box. Then, create a .php page that opens and reads the information from the database file and formats it properly before outputting it.

loveispoison

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks, that's perfect.

Everyone else, sorry for posting in the wrong spot and not knowing what I was talking about.

Cheers

lolz glad i could help and knew what u ment

Everyone has to start somewhere.

yes but if you know what some 1 is asking for and give the correct answer its easy and posting not knowing does not help does it?:rant2::biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.