Computer sound??? HELP!!

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Those do apply to windows XP. Do you know how to get to the device manager?

-Corey

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Go to control panel and pick "switch to classic view" from the left, then follow those instructions.

-Corey

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Right click on my computer and go to properties, go to the hardware tab and pick device manager.

-Corey

sonu

Reaction score
Mr. Spy Rocks, i hope u will solve the problem soon, well sir just go to my Computer propertise---->if u have xp------->go to hardware list------> press on sound and open it------>just click on "Realtek AC97" and press dlete button from ur Key board thats how u can remove the sound card.

after you remove it u must reset the computer. if there is any msg after rebooting press "cancel", Insert the Original CD of your Mother Board if this is Built In sound Card, other wise Insert the Cd of sound Card and install it, i hope u can instal it easly, if there is any MSG during Instaling just press "Continue Any Way" in XP, in Windows 98 no msg will apear after Instalaion just Reboot the computer i hope it will work, if u dont have drivers for you Sound Card, u can use
www.driverguide.com
its very good site.

Sonu®

spyrorocks

Reaction score
Yah, thanks. Um, I have one small problim, though. MY MOTHERBORD DISK IS INSIDE MY PLASTIC, SCREWED TOGETHER, SOLDERED COMPUTER CASE!!!! Other wise, thanx for the help.

raynor

Reaction score
If this problem is still going on heres my advice:

Realtec integrated audio drivers aren't compatible with many of the jacks on motherboards today and if they are they aren't compatible with the speakers.

A likely fix is a combo driver, which the newer Realtec driver provides

AC'97 Audio Combo Driver

Replace your old one with that and you should be fixed to go.

If you need anymore instructions then that PM me ASAP.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
This is just a thought but if you have installed any new software since this problem started it could be that ...The easiest way to tell if its the sound card or the software is to do a system restore. If the sound works with the new speakers after doing a system restore then you know its not the hardware. This means it must have been some program or software that changed your drivers or even corrupted them.

Goto ...."start" ...."all program"....."accessories"...."system tools"..."system restore" and click on it

A window will pop up and there will be 2 choices, Pick "Restore my computer to an earlier time" then click next.

After this a calender pops up. You should select the date closest to the time you had the problem (right before you started having the problem)

Follow the rest of the on screen instructions. If the sound works when you reboot with your new speakers you know it was software that did something. If it doesn`t work chances are your sound card might be pooched. At this point you can try to reinstall drivers and such ...but if it doesn`t work after a system restore there is a chance that it is hardware related. (lets just hopes its an add in card and not onboard sound. I hope this helps a bit

NOTE : Some ppl have system restore off for security reasons. If you cannot find it in your system tools then chances are it was removed

raynor

Reaction score
This is just a thought but if you have installed any new software since this problem started it could be that ...The easiest way to tell if its the sound card or the software is to do a system restore. If the sound works with the new speakers after doing a system restore then you know its not the hardware. This means it must have been some program or software that changed your drivers or even corrupted them.

He doesn't have a sound card. He has onboard audio on his motherboard. I can promise that considering the fact that he already has a realtec driver handing his audio.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
A system restore should bring his sound back up weather its onboard or not ...my only point was that if it is a hardware problem and it is onboard sound this means the motherboard could be damaged and that will eventually lead to more problems. just trying to help :)

fongpn

Reaction score
Ok.When you start your system,enter your bios .Had you disable your audio or your sound driver got proplem? Here,i would like to ask you.Id you wanted the driver,ask me .Maybe i can attact it here