Computer sound??? HELP!!

spyrorocks

Reaction score
Im new here, so if im posting where i shouldent, please just delete this post.

Anyways... I just recently got some new computer speakers. I plugged them in, tryed to play some music with windows media player, and no soud came out. (Of course i plugged them in and turned them on and turned up the volume). Could someone please help me if someone knows a way that i could resulve this problim. Much appreaciated.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Just new speakers or a new sound card? Does it work with a different set of speakers?

-Corey

spyrorocks

Reaction score
New speakers. Other speakers dont work ither on it. I dont know what kind of sound card i have. All i know is that it used to work. I have tryed rebooting my computer a neumerous amout of times.enmt seem to help..... *Sigh*

nicholas

Reaction score
did u go to the control panel to check everything is okay with the settings?

ncisgreat

Reaction score
Ok then Reinstall It. Remove first & install again It will work as I think.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have the speaker icon in the bottom right of the screen open the volume controls up. Go to options and properties and make sure you have the correct playback device picked.

-Corey

Dizzy

Reaction score
ok here was the brand of ur speakers and wats name of ur sound card?
ill give u link so u can download fixes for u

spyrorocks

Reaction score
Thanx to all so far. I really appreciate it. My sound card's name thingy is: realtec ac97 audio My speaker brand is: ???? Lost the box... It doesent say on the speakers either. All it says is "CA". How do i uninstall my sound thingy and reinstall it?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Well speakers shouldn't really matter.. it doesn't sound like you're sound card is working.. is it integrated sound?
-Corey

spyrorocks

Reaction score
I know... Maybe if i just uninstall my sound card then reinstall it, it will work... Um, how do you do that? Whats "Intergrated Sound"?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Integrated means it is built into the motherboard and not a separate card.. Do you know how to get into device manager?
-Corey

spyrorocks

Reaction score
Kinda, I think all i have to do is uninstal;ll it then reinstall it. Could you give me step-by-step instructions?Or anyone?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Go to control panel>>system>>hardware>>device manager>>sound, video and game controllers... in there you can right click and uninstall it.

-Corey

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
When you restart the computer it will recognize the hardware again... what kind of computer do you have? Most likely Windows XP will install it for you, worst case you have to get the drivers.

-Corey

spyrorocks

Reaction score
I have windows xp, and the directions that you gave me dont apply foer thast...

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have MSN? We can do a remote session and I'll show you.
-Corey

spyrorocks

Reaction score
No. Im only 11 and my mom freaks out when ever i use it. Im pretty good at understanding instructions though. Just give me some that apply to windows xp.