Confused about the TOS about personal file hosting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

linuxand

Reaction score
I read through the TOS and saw this:
File Hosting Every file on your site must have to do with the website you put up, we are not a file hosting service.
and it confused me a little.

Ok, lets say I create a page on the site for a few of my small Morrowind mods and upload them so people can find them and download them. Will that be allowed or no? They will be small mods, most will be under 2MB in size and under 10 mods total.

If not then I'll just delete the site and wait till I can afford a paid account.

Thanks!

vgchat

Reaction score
I think what matters is if you host those mods (no matter how many) and they start to get 200 plus downloads a day or more, that's when they may notify/warn you. Plus if the majority of your site is downloads vs content... that could be another red flag.

If what you're aiming to do is create a big site like nexusmods in the longterm or even a site with tons of mods on it, then what you need to look at is a vps. That and potential copyright issues with original mod authors (using without their consent/permission, even if only for "personal usage")

Last edited:

linuxand

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll just find something else until I can afford premium membership somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.