Connection problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
ok, finally got some time to do this. ran the repair_setting.php and everything matched the recommended settings. however I got an error message at the top of the page that reads:

Some settings are not being shown because the MySQL connection information is incorrect

In the remoteSQL section of cPanel I have a fourth entry under the Access Hosts

mysql-boru.x10hosting.com

could this be causing the issue?

If you have % is added then there is no need to bother about others.

Backup the database first

And better recreate the database user and give the information in the repair_settings.php

Reaction score
If you have % is added then there is no need to bother about others.

Backup the database first

And better recreate the database user and give the information in the repair_settings.php

Fixed. Backed up the database and then deleted and re-created a user. Opened repair_settings.php and noticed the db password was off. Reset that and now the site is back online. Thanks very much for your help. I'd rep you again but I already did and it won't let me do it again until I spread some around. Many thanks!

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Fixed. Backed up the database and then deleted and re-created a user. Opened repair_settings.php and noticed the db password was off. Reset that and now the site is back online. Thanks very much for your help. I'd rep you again but I already did and it won't let me do it again until I spread some around. Many thanks!

I am glad that it worked for you. Good luck with your site.

Status
Not open for further replies.