Constant 'Please try again later.' and '500 Internal Server Error'

Status
Not open for further replies.

sambosulker

Reaction score
Hello

My website is very problematic. Over half the time, I get some sort of server error on pages that should work. I am not sure why this is happening because 1) the page is only 55KB in size 2) all other websites work immediately for me (google news for example).

Sometimes I need to refresh the page 3 or 4 times just to get the page to load instead of one of these errors. It is the exact same in all of my browsers, and on all of my computers, and 2 of my friends who checked for me experience the exact same problem.

Any idea what the problem is and how it can be solved?

Thanks!

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
On the free servers you have (I believe) over 10,000 neighbors.

It only takes a small percentage of problem accounts to affect everybody on the server. Recently there has been a flood of new accounts trying to use x10 accounts as proxies, which puts a heavy load on the server. As soon as they are caught, they are suspended, but for awhile they affect everybody.

That being said, straight HTML pages are faster than PHP which are in turn faster than PHP/MySQL pages. But if the server is bogged down by some resource hogs, even straight text files take time to deliver.

Status
Not open for further replies.