Constructive Criticism

totalmockery

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have recently completed the look of my website and I was hoping some of you might be kind to critique it. I'm looking for feedback on the layout design and bugs.

The website is called Total Mockery OT, and is a site for a future game project I'll be working on.

The account creation tool does work, but I don't expect anyone to create an account. If you wish to help me troubleshoot any issues that might occur go for it, as the accounts will be wiped weekly until the official release.

Please have a look around and test out the features, keep in mind the website isn't 100% done yet, and still requires some work.

Those who are interested in taking a look, you can find my website here:
www.totalmockery.x10hosting.com

The website is best viewed in Mozilla, as I haven't had time adapt it to IE yet.

Thanks for your time and I appreciate all feedback.

Sincerely,

Joel

Zenax

Reaction score
The website (only the menu) doesn't seem to load properly in IE 8 unless its just me :p. Looks are fairly good. I would consider changing the colours of the post backgrounds to blend in better with the background colours that you have chosen. I like the menu.

You need to had titles to the web pages.

And just for curiosity, what does the OT stand for?

any of that help?

moiety

Reaction score
I love the chain menu thing- that's great. The look is nice and apt. Good site. Works fine in opera 10

Criticisms then:

1) "You must Login before submitting an inquery."
inquiry?

2) I'd open the affiliate links in another window if it were me. You get the clickage, but still keep your visitor.

3) A favicon.ico is worth putting in, to make your site stand out

4) Purely personal this; but the repeated pattern in the top bars annoy me...looks like photoshop cloning gone wrong. That could just be me though. I'd either ditch the texure or go with one that is more regular.

Last edited:

totalmockery

Reaction score
I would consider changing the colours of the post backgrounds to blend in better with the background colours that you have chosen...

...And just for curiosity, what does the OT stand for?

Thanks Zenax for the feedback. I went ahead with your advice and darkened up the post backgrounds to match a little more with the rest of the layout.

Also, OT stands for Open-Tibia. It's basically an open source for the game http://tibia.com.

1) "You must Login before submitting an inquery."
inquiry?

2) I'd open the affiliate links in another window if it were me. You get the clickage, but still keep your visitor.

3) A favicon.ico is worth putting in, to make your site stand out

4) Purely personal this; but the repeated pattern in the top bars annoy me...looks like photoshop cloning gone wrong. That could just be me though. I'd either ditch the texure or go with one that is more regular.

Thank you moiety for the criticism. I looked over your feedback and changed everything you suggested.
1) I fixed the spelling of "inquiry".
2) Affiliate links now open in a new tab
3) favicon.ico has been created
4) The pattern has been changed for a more subtle one without the obvious repetition.

Thank you for the feedback and I look forward to hearing from others!

Edit:
Due to changes in the link system, the new homepage link is
http://www.totalmockery.x10hosting.com/index.php?section=news/news=latest

Sincerely,

Joel

Last edited:

moiety

Reaction score
Thanks Joel. They were just little niggly bits anyway- the site is fine.

"Before you begin, please take the time to read our Rules Section, and get acquanted with them.
We are leanient when it comes to these rules, but anyone caught abusing the system will be punished."

Acquainted. Lenient.

=:cool:

totalmockery

Reaction score
Thanks Joel. They were just little niggly bits anyway- the site is fine.

"Before you begin, please take the time to read our Rules Section, and get acquanted with them.
We are leanient when it comes to these rules, but anyone caught abusing the system will be punished."

Acquainted. Lenient.

=:cool:

You're better than my spell checker, haha.
Thanks again.

Just for fun, take a look at my old website for comparison to my new one
http://totalmockery.webs.com