Constructive Criticism

djmoya

Reaction score
Hi fellow x10 users i was wondering if i can get some constructive criticism on my website. What you like, don't like and what needs to change. Thanks for your help.

http://www.djmoya.com

Trigintillion

Reaction score
Well, I must admit that it looks quite... unique. Perhaps it could use a few more gradients to make it look better, and maybe remove the blots from the sides of the title. I could also suggest you make it look more mechanical--maybe more greys or metallic colors. Also, I think it's imperative that you make a border separating the main content area from the black background.

djmoya

Reaction score
Well, I must admit that it looks quite... unique. Perhaps it could use a few more gradients to make it look better, and maybe remove the blots from the sides of the title. I could also suggest you make it look more mechanical--maybe more greys or metallic colors. Also, I think it's imperative that you make a border separating the main content area from the black background.
Thanks i like to try to make my website look different from all the rest. You had some great suggestion ill most likely implement all of them into my re design tweaks. Thanks
Edit:
*Moved to Review My Site*

There are a lot of HTML validation errors:
http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://www.djmoya.com/
Also the icon look a bit fuzzy and pixelated.
Thanks for moving the thread i didnt see the Review my site page. Ive ben having problems scaling the icons in flash because they were in png format. hmm the link oh and dang theres alot of html validations errors but the website still shows fine in IE Firefox and Safari....but ill have to look into that i know stnaderd are important. damn dreamweaver lol
Edit:
looking at the w3 validation errors theres alot that say there is no attribute when there is one there... weird

Last edited:

alcramer

Reaction score
I think the funky layout of text, icons, and graphics at the top of the
site is REALLY cool. But you might want to think a little more about screen real estate. There's a big long empty strip of white running down the right. Plus the big font in the review makes the user have to scroll down more than is usual.

Nathan H

Reaction score
Looks good, glad to see your taking critisizm and improving based upon it. Looks a nice site overall navigation is.... awquad on lower resolutions, and on higher resolutions, your logo appears pixelated.

djmoya

Reaction score
I think the funky layout of text, icons, and graphics at the top of the
site is REALLY cool. But you might want to think a little more about screen real estate. There's a big long empty strip of white running down the right. Plus the big font in the review makes the user have to scroll down more than is usual.
Glad you like the icons and layout.
the big long empty strip on the right should be showing my Twitpic Updates.. hmm what web browser are you using.
Ill check out making the font a bit smaller. maybe the fact i need glasses makes things look good to me lol.
Edit:
Looks good, glad to see your taking critisizm and improving based upon it. Looks a nice site overall navigation is.... awquad on lower resolutions, and on higher resolutions, your logo appears pixelated.
Yea im still learning alot about webdesign im working on the website more scalable for different resolutions and even mobile web browsers. I like the constructive criticism from strangers because i know they will tell the truth especially online. I ask family and friends and they say it looks perfect.

Last edited:

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
broken link ?

The server he's on (Lotus, AdFree) is down for some reason. I've made senior staff aware of the problem and it should be resolved shortly, thanks for alerting us to this issue.

-Luke.

djmoya

Reaction score
The server he's on (Lotus, AdFree) is down for some reason. I've made senior staff aware of the problem and it should be resolved shortly, thanks for alerting us to this issue.

-Luke.
Do the AD Enhanced servers normally have more up time?
Edit:
Working on website now its going to look funky for today and maybe tomorrow

Last edited:

JuniorD

Reaction score
logo is weird. dont like the big black boxes for your blog. work on it or find a better blog template and edit it.

djmoya

Reaction score
I changed alot of things on my website its still a work in progress especially the theme template check it out http://www.djmoya.com thanks for every ones help

Last edited:

djmoya

Reaction score
working on changing the header trying to brain storm some ideas...