Contact Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

articmonkey123029

Reaction score
Hello I was wanting to ask about a problem I am having. I created a contact form that sends the form details to me via email but for some reason on this host that script wont send the email out. Is there something I need to do to have that request sent out or is there a restriction to what can be used? I had this on another host before I moved to This one (btw this site is much better than any other sites) seems not to let it work. Thanks for your time.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

Please ensure that the content-type header is present and set to text/plain. There are also known issues with sending to Windows Live email addresses, due to past abuse of the mail system.
I just ran a mail test script on your server and it sent the message fine, which suggests the problem is with your script, most likely with the content-type.

Thanks.

articmonkey123029

Reaction score
I have worked on my php form but it still does not seem to work. I have one last question which might answer my question. Is the mail(); turned off for free hosting? That might be why my php might work but I do not receive an email once submitted.

Steven

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Check you site's email account via cPanel. You should see if the emails are being bounced back.

If you are sending them to a hotmail account, they will be bounced back. Due to abuse by some members, Hotmail refuses emails from x10hosting's email server (this happens to a lot of free hosting providers).

If that is the case, your alternatives are to create a non-Hotmail email account to send to (last time I checked, Gmail was not blocking x10hosting emails) OR set up a Google Apps account for your domain and send the emails via PHPMailer and SMTP.

articmonkey123029

Reaction score
Ty for the help although i have tried many different emails including but not limited to gmail and no email is being sent :\. Tomorrow I am going to recode the php and see if i can add some to it so that it will send. Thanks for your help all of u :)

Status
Not open for further replies.