Content Maneger

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Hellow everyone I have a question. I want to install e107 on my hoasting account and how do we install that as our own conntent maneger? I went to the web site and I read how to install it but I couldent understand a singal thing! Can someone tell me how to install that so I can use it as my content maneger in english?

Chris

Reaction score
I've never used e107, this is from the install documentation. THis is after you've uploaded all your files. (Need help doing that?)

Now open your web browser and navigate to install.php, for example http://yourwebspace.com/install.php or http://yourwebspace.com/e107/install.php

If all the files have been uploaded successfully, you will see the first page of the install script. Choose the language you wish to use during the procedure and click the button to continue

e107 will now carry out a series of tests to see if requirements are met and all files that need permissions set are ok to be written to. If you get a warning about mySQL don't worry too much, some versions of mySQL don't return the correct version, or return nothing at all. Click on the button to continue if all criteria has been met, or else repair the prblem and retest.

Next you have to enter your mySQL details. Enter your server name (generally 'localhost'), username and password. If you don't know your username and/or password contact your webhosts. Now enter the name of the database ou want e107 to use. If you have the correct permissions you can create the database directly from the install script should you want to

If all is well e107 should now connect to your mySQL database, if any error messages are shown return to the previous page and make sure you entered your details correctly

Now you have to enter your main admin details. Enter your username, password and email address, you can change your email address and password at a later stage but your username cannot be changed, so make sure you enter it correctly e107 will now create the mySQL database tables and populate them with settings etc

If all is well, the last button will take you to your new website. There, all done, that wasn't too bad was it?!

Have you done that? If so, are you getting error messages? When and what error message?

Rhianna

Reaction score
Chris,

That is a helpful post :)

If you are quoting from online documentation or any other online webpage/news source/anything being quoted that is online
please include the url to the original document. You can create an easy reference credit by hitting the "Insert Hyperlink" (the link icon with the world above) and creating a reference like [1] and attaching that to the url.
An example would be:
[1]
I just created a link to an e107 and content management document. Please always include a live link when you are quoting another website (especially now that you are a moderator).

Chris, I think my request for a link to the referred document is straight forward and easy to follow, but feel free to PM me if you have any questions about crediting an online source.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Chris said:
THis is after you've uploaded all your files. (Need help doing that?)
Yup I do. I also only have 1 week to finnish the site now! Plz help me! :eek:

Chris

Reaction score
Rhianna said:
If you are quoting from online documentation or any other online webpage/news source/anything being quoted that is online
please include the url to the original document.
It wasn't from online. I downloaded the e107 full package and there was documentation.

MicrotechXP,
I just installed it on my own website to guide you along with the process. Here are six simple steps to install it.

1. Basically, upload all the files to the directory of your choice. If you don't have an FTP client, get one. (filezilla is great) Just type in ftp.username.x10hosting.com, replacing username as your username you signed up as, and type in your username and password into the appropiate places. Login, and create a directory. In Filezilla, just drag the e107 folder into the public_html folder.

2. Go to cpanel and click on MySQL Databases. Type e107 or whatever you want to call the database in the textbox next to the button "Create MySQL Database", then click the button. It should say you have successfully created the database.

3. Next, go to the install.php file (http://username.x10hosting.com/folder/install.php). If you havn't edited the files so they can be written, do so by using your favorite FTP client (don't have one? get filezilla) and right click, then click file properties or something like that and change it to 777. (called "chmod to 777")

4. If you havn't chmoded all the files required to 777, it'll tell you. Edit the files that you havn't.

5. Now, click next to continue with the installation of e107. You have to type in your username and password to use the database. These are the same as your cpanel login. Keep localhost as is. Click next, and it should create it.

6. Follow any other instructions and your done!

Hope this helps!

Wow... so long I could turn it into a tutorial, heh.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Chris said:
3. Next, go to the install.php file (http://username.x10hosting.com/folder/install.php). If you havn't edited the files so they can be written, do so by using your favorite FTP client (don't have one? get filezilla) and right click, then click file properties or something like that and change it to 777. (called "chmod to 777")

4. If you havn't chmoded all the files required to 777, it'll tell you. Edit the files that you havn't.

5. Now, click next to continue with the installation of e107. You have to type in your username and password to use the database. These are the same as your cpanel login. Keep localhost as is. Click next, and it should create it.

6. Follow any other instructions and your done!

Hope this helps!

Wow... so long I could turn it into a tutorial, heh.

I got lost at step 3.

Chris

Reaction score
MicrotechXP said:
I got lost at step 3.

First, you need to go to whereever you uploaded the files. For instance, say you uploaded your files to /public_html/e107/, then go to http://microtec.x10hosting.com/e107/install.php.

Once you go there, it should display a list that shows what the server has. It should have PHP and then MySQL and say if it is up to date or not. Then, a third part of the list, shows if you have chmoded the files to 777. If you havn't, it will tell you. So, you find the file, and in FileZilla, right click the file. Then click "File attributes". Type in 777 in the textbox. Click OK. Now go on to the next file until you have all of the required files chmoded to 777. Then continue to step 4.

Rhianna

Reaction score
Chris, I am impressed.
You wanted to help MicrotechXP to the extent that you were willing to download e107, a computer program you had not used before, in order to understand the install documentation.
You did an excellent job explaining this program installation :)

If great minds use the same FTP program, I'd like to say that I like FileZilla :)

Thank you very much for the support you have been giving our users tonight. I am pleased :)

Chris

Reaction score
Rhianna said:
Thank you very much for the support you have been giving our users tonight. I am pleased :)

Didn't really have much to do other than play World of Warcraft. Although I'm going to go sleep now, 2:37 AM here.

MicrotechXP,

I hope you solve your problem.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Chris said:
First, you need to go to whereever you uploaded the files. For instance, say you uploaded your files to /public_html/e107/, then go to http://microtec.x10hosting.com/e107/install.php.

Once you go there, it should display a list that shows what the server has. It should have PHP and then MySQL and say if it is up to date or not. Then, a third part of the list, shows if you have chmoded the files to 777. If you havn't, it will tell you. So, you find the file, and in FileZilla, right click the file. Then click "File attributes". Type in 777 in the textbox. Click OK. Now go on to the next file until you have all of the required files chmoded to 777. Then continue to step 4.
Ok I have it in public_html/e107/. And when I go on that URL that you gave me it says error. Can you tell me why?

phenetic

Reaction score
No offense or anything, but how do you plan on running the content manager if you dont know how to install it? But then again, practice makes perfect :D

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
phenetic said:
No offense or anything, but how do you plan on running the content manager if you dont know how to install it? But then again, practice makes perfect :D
I just nead to practice. I am in a learning procces. Can anyone answer my question the 1 st page?

Chris

Reaction score
MicrotechXP said:
Ok I have it in public_html/e107/. And when I go on that URL that you gave me it says error. Can you tell me why?
I don't know exactly what you did, but you didn't upload it correctly. You meant to create the folder e107, but it's a file...

prasys

Reaction score
I suggest you to try phpWebSite..Just MSN me (Later I will put it my singnature) and I would gladly help you step-by-step on installing it....Of course I can post it here , you won't understand..Its best to assist you personaly..You can PM me if you want to

But phpWebSite (as a CMS) is pretty easy to use

nicholas

Reaction score
hi MicrotechXP,

let me help u :) i am also using e107 too. and i can tell u u pick the right CMS. it has everything you want :D

take a look at this few links for help. and if you dont understand i will guide you when u have any questions on any part of sentence from the link :)

http://www.e107.org/e107_plugins/content/content.php?type.2.content.12

or

http://e107faq.org/e107_docs/README.html#installing

do go to the official website http://www.e107.org and the forum for support. read the postings regarding the installation :)

Chris said:
I don't know exactly what you did, but you didn't upload it correctly. You meant to create the folder e107, but it's a file...

i think he created a file instead of a folder :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.