Cossacks/ Forum downtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

freecrm

Reaction score
Is it me, or is the Cossacks server and forums slowly grinding to a halt.

In May last year, I switched from zymic, because X10 was more reliable.

But now? I get up to 50% downtime on the cossacks server at peak times and this forums needs a rename to "snail forum".

I'm now starting to lose users from my site - and that ain't good.

I know the free service is there purely to promote their paid services but I'm now not very tempted by any X10 server!

Is anyone else having these problems?

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I think the problems are universal across the free servers.

Your site is really nice and it'd be a shame to lose it. Maybe you should look into moving onto paid. It's less than $100 a year to do it. You can probably make that much through random donations to your site, or charge your users $1 for some extra feature.

Really, I don't think you'll be any happier on any free server anywhere. I know I've looked around and there's nothing better out there.

Picard1595

Reaction score
Yeah i was trying many free servers last year and eventually i just gave up and decided to pay for the x10 servers as the hosting is great on the paid and no one can match the support of x10 paid.

freecrm

Reaction score
Hmm...

I know of lots of paid servers, two of which I have used before, but only one supports php and that only has one MySQL DB.. shame.

Your comments about the reliability of the X10 paid severs is interesting!

@garrettroyce

I think you're right - I did my homework last year and X10 was the best free option available. I think after I've done all my development, I'll migrate it.

Migrating... oh god :eek4:

Picard1595

Reaction score
migrating from x10 free to x10 is very easy and rarely do people have problems the one thing that might need to be reset is any sub domain or addon domain.

alv4

Reaction score
Really is slow and down many time... i have the same problem with the same server... :S

rkmon

Reaction score
Its all servers. Uptime is about 60-70% i believe. Yes there many better hosts out there on uptime. Just less stuff comes with packages.

One im using to host another one of my websites and is really good. Never been down and pages never load slow. Not gonna say what it is tho ;p ofc u know why :p
Edit:
as im speaking now my website just went down -.- Dosnt say anything just continues to keep loading goign no where ;(

Last edited:

Picard1595

Reaction score
Really if I were you I would just get the x10 Paid hosting, its easy to transfer to and very affordable and has no downtime what so ever.

freecrm

Reaction score
I've added a tracker button on my status bar to see exactly how well its performing. I think this will also help users.

swapcool

Reaction score
I also host a forum on Cossacks server and now a days there is not a single day when the forum is not down, Say for today my forum is down from last 2 hours. I know its a free server but with so much downtime there is no other option than to search for other free hosting.

freecrm

Reaction score
As I've just posted on another topic, there is a lot of cunfusion and rumour here so I've put a tracker on my site to check.

So far.... 100% uptime!!! OMG! Apologies to X10!!!

I'll have to keep a check on it.

penlid

Reaction score
The past two days have, by recent history, been a good couple of days for x10 servers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.