cost of democracy

neteater

Reaction score
what you can imagine as a cost of worlds biggest democracy.IT is 10,00,00 million rs. what a cost that we are going to pay to elect some corrupt to rule and this a figure before election i don't what will be the actual cost.i just want to know is is just to west the peoples money on this large scale means election may be simple why our money is being firely evolved in this
ref-- http://www.khabrein.info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=20499&Itemid=88

whitebus

Reaction score
as long as money is the only cost, democracy is the only solution.

frankfriend

Reaction score
The alternative to democracy is a much larger bill in human cost. The price of liberty is eternal vigilance. Who said that?

akkudreamz

Reaction score
what you can imagine as a cost of worlds biggest democracy.IT is 10,00,00 million rs. what a cost that we are going to pay to elect some corrupt to rule and this a figure before election i don't what will be the actual cost.i just want to know is is just to west the peoples money on this large scale means election may be simple why our money is being firely evolved in this
ref-- http://www.khabrein.info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=20499&Itemid=88

are you from India??
have you ever voted?

frankfriend

Reaction score
Don't oppose demcracy by complaining about the monetary cost of an election! It is so so much cheaper than the human cost of dictatorship, and the monetary cost of a revolution. It may not be an ideal system ,but it's better than the alternatives so far.

rahulkhatri

Reaction score
i am from india

Democracy is best!!
at least you have some control over the govt

see wat dictatorship has done to our neighbor pakistan

frankfriend

Reaction score
Exactly rahulkhatri! It is at least the least worst system. Actually it may be a very good system. Actually it should be extended far beyond voting for governments once every 4 or 5 years. There should be ongoing votes on key issues.

ukbumpkeys

Reaction score
I live in UK we have government elections every 4 or 5 years. I am happy that they use my tax money for this, in fact I want them to use my money for this if it didnt happen i wouldnt be happy.

rahulkhatri

Reaction score
we love democracy

its the rule of the people and i love to rule!!!

Dictatorship is worst

JKoltner

Reaction score
rahulkharti -- The problem in India, I'm told, is that the government is pretty corrupt. Yeah, it's a democracy, but it's just a given that money can easily "buy" politicians, police can be bribed to "look the other way," etc.

Of course, this happens in the U.S. as well, but it's not quite as common or overt.

On the other hand, it's probably far worse in our neighbor to the south, Mexico, than in India?

frankfriend

Reaction score
Of course the elected ones have to do a reasonably competent job - how long for example withh democracy last in Pakistan today - is another coup imminent?

Last edited: