Could Someone Help Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articz

Reaction score
Whenever I Try To Access The Admin CP Of My Site I Keep Getting The Following Error. Ive Never Had This Problem Before But I Could Myself With It. Below Is The Error Message I Am Getting

Any Help Welcome

And Thax In Advance

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@games.articz.x10hosting.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
What is the file's permissions that you are trying to load in a browser?

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
That's what I thought. You need to lower the 777 permissions to something a little lower. For some reason scripts with low permissions give a internal server error.

Try the permissions at 776, then 766, then 666, then 664, etc etc until you find a permission that still allows for the script to run in a browser, and whatever the script is to function.

Articz

Reaction score
k thx mate ill have a go at this now

EDIT

Still No Joy Mate :( Any Other Ideas

Last edited:

Articz

Reaction score
when i change the permission to anything lower it gives me 403 forbidden error message

oops srry double posted didnt no

Last edited:

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Can you get it to load with ANY permissions at all? or did you try them all and get nothing?

Edit: I just asked Corey about it, and he said it's caused by PHPSuExec. I looked it up quicky and saw a few things that said that:

phpSuExec causes any folder, file or access to folder or file with permissions of 777 to FAIL ( Internal Server Error 500 )

So seeing that, I would think anything other then 0777 should load fine.. Try it.

Last edited:

Articz

Reaction score
i tried using 776, 766, then 666, then 664 but no joy all i get is a 403 error message :( this is the first time ive every had this problem and it really is strange

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Yeaa I don't get it. Did you change *anything* at all before it stopped working?

Articz

Reaction score
ive only just uploaded the script to the server its brand new nothing has been edited as i cant get into the admin panel of the script :) i well ill have to delete it completly and then upload it again c if that makes any difference

Articz

Reaction score
hey there nedren i read the error and i noticed is said to read the error log so i did this is what it says

[16-Dec-2005 10:13:45] PHP Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/articz/public_html/games/_database.php on line 67

does this help in anyway to solving the problem? i personally dont no much php so i have no clue

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Umm. I don't think that has anything to do with the HTTP 500 error.

That error is just caused by a variable being passed to mysql_fetch_array() that is not a mysql result resource. (Wow I just typed that and looked up at the actual error, and it just about says the exact same thing in it. Hahaha.)

Hmm. So did you have any luck re-uploading the directory?

Articz

Reaction score
nope no luck what so ever i think ill have to find another gaming script have you any ideas on any good gaming scripts?

and btw thx for all you help nedren

Jordan K

[B]tags dont work:([/B]
Reaction score
Have you tried deleting the script entirely and re-uploading it? Sometimes this can do the trick and maybe try setting the access to something other than 777 when you try and run it for the first time after uploading.

Status
Not open for further replies.