Could you review my Gaming site, please?

jgamerx1

Reaction score
Hi! I'm Jstar269!
Not too long ago, I made a Review My Site topic about my website, J-Gaming. Some of the feedback I received was greatly appreciated, and I started realizing that I should go for a minimalistic theme. So, J-Gaming has recently under gone a complete change.
http://jgamer.x10.mx/
I'd like to know what you guys think about this. It took me a few days in total to prepare for this look (maintenance went for about 2 hours), so anything is fine to say.

AngusThermopyle

Reaction score
http://jgamer.x10.mx/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Super-Mario-3D-World-Logo.png -- shrink it down, way too big.

In fact, all the logos/images should be sized to fit. Using the img tag to resize them is poor webdesign.

You have a dangling --> upper left part of page.

The "no image" image could be replaced by something a bit more obvious -- especially since you are using them as links.

Text is a bit too light. Maybe a darker grey.

While I am a minimalist, something is off for me. Hard to say. Maybe that it isn't quite minimalist enough? The red bar at top is for what? The additional color detracts. In a minimalist design, color says "Look at me!" -- do you want that bar to say that?

Menus on the right -- bit of a disconnect between the font for the menu title in red and the menu entries -- I suggest making the fonts similar (color is okay)

jgamerx1

Reaction score
http://jgamer.x10.mx/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Super-Mario-3D-World-Logo.png -- shrink it down, way too big.

In fact, all the logos/images should be sized to fit. Using the img tag to resize them is poor webdesign.

You have a dangling --> upper left part of page.

The "no image" image could be replaced by something a bit more obvious -- especially since you are using them as links.

Text is a bit too light. Maybe a darker grey.

While I am a minimalist, something is off for me. Hard to say. Maybe that it isn't quite minimalist enough? The red bar at top is for what? The additional color detracts. In a minimalist design, color says "Look at me!" -- do you want that bar to say that?

Menus on the right -- bit of a disconnect between the font for the menu title in red and the menu entries -- I suggest making the fonts similar (color is okay)

First off, thanks for the feedback!

I have resized the logo by 75%, hopefully that makes it better.
I have used Imsanity to resize all images that were considered "too big".
I'm not sure why that Arrow is there. When logged in, I do not see it. However, I presume it is a problem with caching, as when I log out, it is viewable.
I have replaced the "no images" with the J-Gaming logo, at least for now.
I have darkened the top sections font color. I plan on doing some other font things later.
After looking into it, I found out that the red bar can't be removed. However, I will later look into the code and see if it is removeable.
Note: I have used WP Smush.it as well.

Last edited:

bholdswo

Reaction score
Hi,

I have had a look and everything was pretty much awesome and I read "Xbox 360 to not be manufactured" but... you should go into the editor and change the footer to something like "Designed By jgamerx1" for example on my website this is my footer:
ceh4O7

And it looks more professional in my opinion,

Thanks for your time,

Beau Holdsworth of www.bholdsworthtech.pcriot.com (Proudly using Zyro Web Builder & WordPress)