Couple of questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

CascadesAdmin

Reaction score
I have a couple of questions,

1. Can you make a directory show a page, like if I went to cascades.exofire.net
    /forums, could I have the forums there instead of like /forums/forums.php? . If so, how.
  2. Can you make the public_HTML folder be a home page? Like cascades.exofire.net would show my home page, If so, How?
  3. I keep getting this error message when i try to log into the hosting on the free server.
    smartftp log said:
    [12:08:32] SmartFTP v2.5.1005.36
    [12:08:33] Resolving host name "ftp.cascades.exofire.net"
    [12:08:33] Connecting to 70.86.238.114 Port: 21
    [12:08:33] Connected to ftp.cascades.exofire.net.
    [12:08:35] An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
    [12:08:35] Server closed connection
    [12:08:35] Cannot login waiting to retry (30s)...
If you could answer these It would help me a lot

Last edited:

eNoyx

Reaction score
You can use some .htaccess or cPanel redirects. You choose ;)

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
1.) Put an index.html page in the directory and it will show up. As long as it is named that.

2.) Sure just put all your files in the www or public_html folder, they will show. For instance, you could put your SMF in there and it would do perfect. Or, move it to a folder(directory) and it will still work ok. :)

3.) Are you using the ip address of the server you are on and the username and password from cpanel to login ???

Smokes.Svr

Reaction score
3. The FTP server is down for me, and maybe for you aswell
its been down since the server moves. It sucks cause ive had this hosting for almost 2weeks and only 1 day it was working properly for me

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe your other questions were answered and we fixed an issue with the FTP Server yesterday. If you are still having issues please open a new thread.

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.