cpanel/dashboard access

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwhotht

Reaction score
I'm running a wordpress-based site. I've been tripping suspensions for high resource usage and have been able to get these resolved quickly. My site is still there, however since last Thursday I haven't been able to get to either my control panel or wordpress dashboard. I assume this is an ongoing issue. Any timetable for a solution?

-- DSW

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
What's your site's URL? I'll see if I can get it from here. There were some issues with a server or two on Thursday, this could be the aftermath.

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
I assume you are seeing the 'Error establishing a database connection' error when trying to get to the login? If this is so, first check that the database info is all correct in the config file. If it is then try logging into cPanel (If you can't get into cPanel then go to the account panel and try changing your password) and navigate to the databases section. Once there, ensure the users and databases are intact, if they are then try removing the user from the database then relink the user to the database again.
The final thing I can think of right this moment is to go to 'Remote MySQL' in cPanel and ensure that the link is there for the main database server (Can't remember precisely what is meant to be since the MySQL move).

drwhotht

Reaction score
drwhotht.x10hosting.com

I can see the site at this address. However I cannot login either to my cpanel or access anything from FTP so I'm stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.