CPanel .Trash file missing. WTF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stiv_

Banned
Reaction score
can anyone help me with my trash error? Im missing the .trash file and i dunno how anytime i try to empty the bin i get an error

Unable to change directory to /home/stivinc/.trash!
You do not seem to have access permissions!
(System Error: No such file or directory)

can some1 help me with this ASAP PLEASE!
I did a full backup you see(Which was stupid i no)seeing as it took up all the space i had left on the server and over took it by 2.3 gig and i cant get it out off my file manager. plz plz help!:blink:

blade

Reaction score
Have you removed a file from your root at all that can make that happen ??? as for the backup just delete it through ftp no need to do it on the c panel when u can through ftp. Did u think of that ?

Stiv_

Banned
Reaction score
blade said:
Have you removed a file from your root at all that can make that happen ??? as for the backup just delete it through ftp no need to do it on the c panel when u can through ftp. Did u think of that ?

no i didnt delete any files from my root directory chum an yes i thought of that if it was possible. But u cant see the backup file through ftp to delete it. it has to be done through cpanel/filemanager but cuz the .trash file is missing i cant delete nothing at all. Thanx for yer help though bud :grin:

Stiv_

Banned
Reaction score
NewFuture said:
yes you can see the backup file from ftp, its not in any folder or public_html its just in your root, called backup-then date ect...

see screenshot

click here for screenshot

been lookin all day and cant see it in my ftp!!! only place i can see it is in ma file manager. i tried to rename it and move to to my public html folder through cpanel/filemanager and still cant see it anywhere! Any other sugestion chum? :grin:

blade

Reaction score
IM defenitly possitive u can see it......if u get winrar installed u will be able to see it trust me i have the exact same on my root theres a backup but im deleting it l8r as i have a backup of it on my machine...trust me get winrar and make sure u have a good ftp program lik cuteftp pro or filezilla and im 100% sure ul see it

Stiv_

Banned
Reaction score
blade said:
IM defenitly possitive u can see it......if u get winrar installed u will be able to see it trust me i have the exact same on my root theres a backup but im deleting it l8r as i have a backup of it on my machine...trust me get winrar and make sure u have a good ftp program lik cuteftp pro or filezilla and im 100% sure ul see it

i have winrar350 already installed and am using cuteftp7professional. Still cannt see it. gonna try smartftp here c if a can c it. BUT i 100% am certain that i cant see it yet!

NewFuture

Reaction score
if you want pm me your pass and ftp ill have alook, then you can change your pass, i will also use my .trash file and upload it in your directory if you want, you can change your pass after aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.