cPanel version upgrade

webzwatc

Reaction score
Hello,
I was just checking my free hosting account cPanel version, and found out that its 56. Currently, cPanel latest version is 66.

x10hosting staff, can you upgrade our free hosting's cPanel version to latest or at least above 60? There are a lot of new features available.

Also, many web hosting providers are including free ssl from let's encrypt. Even x10 premium provides it. Requesting the same for free hosting also.

Thanks a lot for all current features. And most importantly, a very good free hosting service :)

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
The current setup of x10hosting's free-hosting servers will NOT work with SSL or TSL or SNI (regardless of IP shared or dedicated or what cPanel shows)

In the meantime, you can make use of CloudFlare to act as a proxy front-end to your site, and enable "Flexible" SSL through them - so your users would connect to the CloudFlare servers via SSL, and in the backend CloudFlare would pass on that request to x10hosting using normal HTTP with a encrypted & compressed connection

x10hosting's free-hosting users can use [ cPanel-x3 theme ] ( not x10hosting Basic) to setup CloudFlare for their account
###

webzwatc

Reaction score
The current setup of x10hosting's free-hosting servers will NOT work with SSL or TSL or SNI (regardless of IP shared or dedicated or what cPanel shows)

In the meantime, you can make use of CloudFlare to act as a proxy front-end to your site, and enable "Flexible" SSL through them - so your users would connect to the CloudFlare servers via SSL, and in the backend CloudFlare would pass on that request to x10hosting using normal HTTP with a encrypted & compressed connection

x10hosting's free-hosting users can use [ cPanel-x3 theme ] ( not x10hosting Basic) to setup CloudFlare for their account
###

Okay, you answered my second question. I know free hosting servers don't work with SSL. I am already using cloudflare flexible SSL. (btw cloudflare didn't work in cPanel-x3 theme. I got it working manually.)

What about my first question? At least cPanel version should be updated.

webzwatc

Reaction score

###

Hi,
please check my last message. You answered my 2nd questions, but the first one and important question is still unanswered.

webzwatc

Reaction score
Okay. Thanks for the info.

However, I really like to have these 2 requests impleemented in x10 free hosting.
If any forum moderator or anyone from related section of x10hosting is reading this message, please consider these requests. Thank you.

lylex10h

Reaction score
I would recommend posting this request in the Feedback and Suggestions forums.
If you are looking for a specific feature, please post what it is and maybe we can come up with a workaround.
If your business needs require the latest version of cPanel, I would recommend looking in to a VPS. They provide full root access, so you can upgrade WHM/cPanel at will.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
the best up to date cPanel I have on a free-host is 64.0 (build 36)
###