Cpanel

Status
Not open for further replies.

modzw

Reaction score
[h=1]Error message absolut hosting;

Sorry for the inconvenience![/h][h=3]The filesystem mounted at / on this server is running out of disk space. cPanel operations have been temporarily suspended to prevent something bad from happening. Please ask your system admin to remove any files not in use on that partition.[/h]

chatngox

Reaction score
When I login to my cPanel it says this:
Sorry for the inconvience!
The filesystem mounted at / on this server is running out of disk space. cPanel operation has been temporarily suspended to prevent something bad from happening. Please ask your system admin to remove any files not in use on that partition.
How "temporary" is this, and what can I do to fix it in the meantime? I'm assuming I need to delete some files, but I can't do that if I'm unable to login to my cPanel. :frown:

And MySQL is down as well.

monex10m

Reaction score
I too get this! anything using a database is down too. Hope it get fixed soon :(

mac wilson

Reaction score
Please remove some file from disk, I request don't reboot your server because
some times systems not come back after a reboot.

liliford

Reaction score
Only thing we can do is wait and hope it get fixed soon.

Last edited:

rigalicial50

Reaction score
It would just be my luck I've putting in a whole lot of data these past few days, I hope I can get back to it

What is this? Please ask your system admin to remove any files not in use

As far as I know I don't have any files that are not in use and anyway who do I ask
this is a bit misleading at first I thought it was on my PC that I had to remove files

rst101

Reaction score
There is nothing you can do except wait for the admins to get out of bed.

The error is on their side and not ours.

higna

Reaction score
Absolut File Space

I'm stuffed too. Trying to direct a domain I just purchased and cannot get into the control panel to add it.
My site is inaccessible too as it's WordPress and it says "Error establishing a database connection". I know it works and I do have it backed up.

I have compassion for the admins as they probably have a pretty tough job looking after servers like Absolut and paid for services too.

It has a bunch of free accounts on it and account holders have a lot of power and so in turn the ability to abuse the services.
The server has a lock down on it if free disk space gets critical, but if you don't free up some space somewhere, there is little point in resetting the lock down. As rst101 suggests there is little we can do except make admin aware politely and wait...

Then there is a marketing angle. Whilst there is a free hosting service offered, the company behind it are in the business of making money. So downtime is likely to encourage some folks to upgrade and some to go elsewhere (thereby slowly increasing disk space).

So pretty please Admin.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
So downtime is likely to encourage some folks to upgrade and some to go elsewhere (thereby slowly increasing disk space).

We strive for 99.9% uptime with all of our services, and most months have 100% uptime on our free hosting servers. We do not purposefully cause downtime or react slowly in order to drive sales increases on any products.

Status
Not open for further replies.