Crear email con domain pointer

raulcuestagranados

Reaction score
Buenoas días,

Quiero crear una cuenta con el dominio (domain pointer) comprado en Hostalia. Por defecto me aparece un correo del propio servidor de .x10.mx

¿Cómo puedo hacer para que me deje crear el correo con el dominio correcto?

Un saludo

raulcuestagranados

Reaction score
Good morning,

I want to create an account with the domain (domain pointer) purchased at Hostalia. By default an email appears from the .x10.mx server itself

How can I get it to let me create the email with the correct domain?

All the best

ctyrd

Reaction score
Good morning,

I want to create an account with the domain (domain pointer) purchased at Hostalia. By default an email appears from the .x10.mx server itself

How can I get it to let me create the email with the correct domain?

All the best
The domain you purchased, would have to be added to your x10 service, and an email address created with the domain.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You can't create an email address for a domain set as pointer. Pointer domains is special in that they only can mimic what settings/configurations there is for the domain it points to. The typical use case for a pointer would be if you own a common misspelling of your regular domain, then you set the misspelled version as pointer, or if you for some reason wants to switch domain you'd set the old domain as a pointer so no traffic is lost in the domain change.

To be able to use all features of the domain it needs to be added as a separate domain in DirectAdmin.