Create free Animated Gifs with UnFREEZ

anish177

Reaction score
Once in a while, it’s fun to play with animated GIFs. These are the little moving images you often see at websites. Some people like them so much that they collect large numbers of them.
Bouncing_sheep_2_thumb.gif

Other people really enjoy making them. If you’ve never created an animated (active) GIF, you’ll be surprised at how easy it is if you have the right tool.
I’ve tried a number of GIF tools over the years, but UnFREEZ is typically the one I use for simple and quick projects.
Grab a copy

The first thing to do is to go to the Whitsoftdev website and download UnFREEZ. You will first be amazed at how small this utility is. It’s less than 20K in size. It’s offered as a ZIP file, so all you need to do is extract it to a folder on your hard drive, then double click to run it.
Here’s what it looks like.
unfreez_app_thumb.gif

How does it work?

Create or gather some GIF files, make sure that they are all the same dimensions, then drag them one at a time into the frame window on UnFREEZ.
As you can see in the screen-shot above, I dragged in 5 files and they are all 284 x 96 pixels in size. If you want your animation to keep playing over and over, be sure to place a check in the “Loop animation” check-box. The “Frame delay” is the amount of time each of your images is shown before the next one displays. The Frame delay is measured in hundredths of a second, so that 100cs is equal to 1 second.
Once you have your GIFs loaded, the loop set and the frame delay entered, you are ready to push the “Make Animated GIF” button to create your new file.
Don’t be too concerned about getting the frame delay set perfectly the first try. You can always change the delay and regenerate a new file.
Here’s a cute little animated sign I made just for this article. It only took me a few minutes to create.
unfreezee_thumb.gif

Last edited:

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Great! Thanks for sharing....