Create your own free forum using x10Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarioMaster

Reaction score
if i were to create a forum, i'd use phpbb and install it with fantastico. i've installed phpbb without autoinstall once just for learning purposes. its very hard to figure out and u have to wait for like 30 minutes.

exemption

Reaction score
The point of this thread is what purpose?
x10 Hosting does offer Fantastico installer..
But I have seen errors with SQL..and such and had to manually fix them myself..
But I would agree..it could be complicated..
But its not and you dont have to wait like a half an hour.

dkocian

Prime Account
Reaction score
The tutorial looks awesome. However, none of the screen shots come through in the X10 forum. I also tried the link to the pdf but it is broken and no longer available. Can you repost a link to your complete tutorial? I am itching to try it. Thanks!

bookwise

Reaction score
I'm a newbie as far as far as installation of programs goes. I found it easy to install PHP Bulletin Board using Fantastico and it worked fine when I tried it.

Until now I couldn't really see a time when I would prefer to install manually rather than using Fantastico except that I now have no free databases.

If I were to install manually could I share the database with one I already have installed and if I chose to do that are there any particular problems with that kind of configuration.

compwhizii

Banned
Reaction score
if i were to create a forum, i'd use phpbb and install it with fantastico. i've installed phpbb without autoinstall once just for learning purposes. its very hard to figure out and u have to wait for like 30 minutes.

This really isn't a tutorial.

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
*Thread Closed*
This is a very old thread and they haven't updated it due to not being active or not being able to due to how long ago the thread was created. Second of all, questions and nonsense comments are starting to pile up. Sorry if I am being rude.

Status
Not open for further replies.