Creating a new folder or file

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpressi3

Reaction score
I am totally lost today. I have been trying to create a new folder to place a second page to my public.html folder.

I am guessing that this is wrong???

Also, My main page does not show in my browser. I use Chrome.

Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

X13D:sleep:

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
I have been trying to create a new folder to place a second page to my public.html folder.
how (with what) are you trying to do that ?
what error do you receive ?

I am guessing that this is wrong
you can put the second page in its own folder or name the file something like page2.html in the same folder such as public_html - that contains page one named index.html

My main page does not show in my browser. I use Chrome.
what do you see - a error from x10hosting - or a error from Chrome ?
and what is the error ?

xpressi3

Reaction score
I created a new folder called tutorials and then opened that and uploaded all the images and the html page for it. It all works but for some reason my coding is totally screwed up.When I open the page in html editor its a mess.
I have edited it in HTML editor and text editor but nothing changes.
I was with Ucoz for 2 yrs and decided to come here.In Ucoz there is a preview button and edit button that allows you to see what you are doing and what the page looks like.It also gives a link that you can save to your browsers bookmarks and send to friends so they can see your website.
I am trying to do this with X10 but I'm lost as to Where all these easy peasy edit and preview buttons are?
And is the public_html folder the one we are to use for all this? I used the index.html folder in Ucoz. I really do not want to deal with them again please help.Thanks JJ

xpressi3

Reaction score
Heres a screenshot f my main page below.

Attachments

• screenshotofpublic html folder.jpg
    screenshotofpublic html folder.jpg
    343.3 KB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.