Creating backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tideas

Reaction score
Hi, I can't find the backup button on cpanel. Can you guys tell me where it's at?

lionheart8

Reaction score
On the Cpanel main page, you have under "Files" - "Backups" as the first option! :lockd:

Tideas

Reaction score
mine don't have it :(
Edit:
I've looked and look, and I dont' see the backup option anywhere

Last edited:

Reesey

Reaction score
yeah i dont have no backup option there either. and need to make a backup

alfren

Reaction score
Yahh your right me too there's no back ups button....

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Yahh your right me too there's no back ups button....

Any way for you guys to get on the X3 theme?

I have no idea how I apparently got it; it popped up in another thread that X3 isn't in the theme chooser anymore, which seems to explain a lot of these kind of problems - X3 hsa the buttons and I never changed my theme. I'm on whatever X10 gave me, which apparently was X3.

http://yoursitehere:2082/frontend/x3/index.html

If that loads and it's actually X3, theres Backups and Backup Wizard under the Files header. Hope that helps...Doesn't change the fact that the buttons apparently missing on other themes though, but it'll get it going at least :)

Assuming all else does fail though, grab a good FTP client and FTP everything in public_html, and if you can get to phpmyadmin, have phpmyadmin do a backup for you (hit export on the main menu, its near the bottom).

alfren

Reaction score
Assuming all else does fail though, grab a good FTP client and FTP everything in public_html, and if you can get to phpmyadmin, have phpmyadmin do a backup for you (hit export on the main menu, its near the bottom).

that's my second option since i can't find the back ups button in my cpanel even if i change it to x3 theme or likewise the default theme of my cpanel is x3...

well i sill can't find it...

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I think you might find its down, along with the HTTPd on add free(ciroc)!
Edit:
I also dont have it there anymore, used to ? ? ?

Last edited:

alfren

Reaction score
oh now what?? ^_^ where did the backups button go?? i guess i'll do the second option for my back up ^_^...

Reesey

Reaction score
what is the 2nd option? corey mate u told me how to make 1 the oder day. i forgot. can u tell me how i make one?

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You could just ftp the whole of your html_public folder to your local machine.

infernus

Reaction score
u should find a ftclient or using ur internet explorer but it will take long time using ftp 2 download everything

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Not to sure.

Maybe ask Corey if he would stick his flash drive in to the server and copy the folder across... :dunno:

alfren

Reaction score
yup i'm going to try that because that's my second option... i already know how to do it.... but actually the backup system in the cpanel is much easy i think.........

Status
Not open for further replies.