Creating Software site allow or not ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitinbathaw90

Reaction score
hey admin..i want to create a pc software sit..which will only contain trial version
Can i create that website.is it allow to create pc software site ? please reply fast..

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Please describe exactly what you mean by "trial version".

You must have permission to distribute anything you put on your site. Having permission from the guy who hacked legit software does not count.

nitinbathaw90

Reaction score
i mean i want to create a software website. And all the software on my site will be trial version.So can i create that website ?

And one more thing..i have edited the error pages. I edited and changed the 404 not found error but it is still showing x10hosting's error page. please tell how to remove that.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
If it's not against the EULA for the software in question, which it looks to have been in the case of the Kapersky 2012 demo. They granted you an evaluation license when you downloaded it, but it did -not- give you redistribution rights for the demo either.

Edit: Same for Nod32 it looks like, I just did some digging and their EULA doesn't indicate the trial having redistribution rights either. Here's their bit direct from their website:

Software is provided exclusively to end-users for the usage. This usage is in accordance with the License Agreement. ESET, spol. s r. o. and/or its respective suppliers expressly prohibit any Software reproduction and/or spreading that is not in accordance with License Agreement. Such action is expressly prohibited by law

As the License Agreement for nod32's trial doesn't grant redistribution rights, and it's provided to you for usage, NOT redistribution, the action would be prohibited by law.

Last edited:

nitinbathaw90

Reaction score
ok..thanx..but please unsuspend my account back.i will create other site..please unsuspend.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
It currently is covered under Illegal Material as the software being redistributed against the EULA -for- that software indicates it's not allowed to be redistributed.

I also picked up adaware 9 from the developers, and it also has the same restriction as not being allowed to be redistributed. That puts it at 3 known softwares that violate the Illegal Material cause, which is a permanent suspension - we can't restore access for any reason. I'm also confused why you asked if it was okay and then did it anyways without waiting for an answer - had you waited I'dve told you that if it didn't break the EULA for the software, it'd be fine. The problem is now we're at 3 broken EULA's and thus 3 separate legal violations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.