Criticize please..

toasterthegamer

Reaction score
I am currently designing a website for myself it's a programing group that I've started I need to know what you guys think of the site so far..

http://nanotech.pcriot.com/

There's lots of things missing such as the forums, Downloads, Logo.

Anything you think I should change or add just tell me. Also do you think it's better to have users login to download files or leave them for the public? Anyways I hope you guys think it's okay it's only my 3rd website and it's not even done yet... ;) Please don't be nice hit me hard with what you think! :happysad:

-Toasterthegamer

yeochinh

Reaction score
It's nice. I think it's better if you make them log in so that there's control in bandwidth. Im hoping that the site(when completed) would look superb :]
Cheers! :)

legendphil

Reaction score
hao!

well there's more to appreciate than to criticize.. hmm... howbout making it wider? besides that, everything else seems fine.

toasterthegamer

Reaction score
Thanks! A little wider huh I could do that I guess.. Means I would have to resize the pictures. Thats what I thought too I don't want my bandwidth to go down but at the same time it's a hassle for people to have to register.

I got the downloads page up right now it's public just because there's no forum yet..

And I need ideas for a logo/banner thingy where theres that big blank spot...

-Toasterthegamer

Last edited:

freak3dot

Reaction score
I think you should try to optimize the page for fast load times. This will reduce your bandwith usage if you make the files size smaller. Sure it looks pretty but it doesn't load as fast as it could.

I also got some PHP errors, this is a work in progress right?

freak3dot

toasterthegamer

Reaction score
Yeah sorry for the PHP errors they should be all fixed now. I was adding a login script so you can login in on the front page now!! And I could edit the images so there smaller in size really the source is optimized as much as it can get..

EDIT: I am having some header PHP errors it's going to take awhile to fix them in the mean time firefox users can login dont know why cause if you use IE you cant...

-Toasterthegamer

Last edited:

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
I love it I don't think there is anything wrong with it except some things are out of place. Like the content etc.

Last edited:

blitzkrieg

Reaction score
I get these errors on the main page...

Code:
[B]Warning[/B]:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nanotech/public_html/index.php:13) in [B]/home/nanotech/public_html/forum/includes/sessions.php[/B] on line [B]254[/B]

[B]Warning[/B]:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nanotech/public_html/index.php:13) in [B]/home/nanotech/public_html/forum/includes/sessions.php[/B] on line [B]255[/B]

But I love the overall design of the website, maybe too little in width (is there still anyone still browsing in 800X600?

toasterthegamer

Reaction score
I am glad you guys like the design! :biggrin: I was think the whole time that it needed to be wider now I'll have to resize all the images and change some of the code I guess I could make just the bottom half of the page larger it certainly would be easier to do. :happysad:

As for the PHP errors I am working on getting those fixed right now it's something to do with the PHPBB script and the cutenews conflicting with each other..

-Toaster

warlordste

Reaction score
its got the makings of a great site just do a few tweaks and you be sorted

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
Nice design but could do without the errors,
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nanotech/public_html/index.php:4) in /home/nanotech/public_html/forum/includes/sessions.php on line 254
And why haven't you changed the forum logo.....I'd sign up if the site was fully complete....

toasterthegamer

Reaction score
The site is almost done... I know I really need a logo might be willing to trade points here for it not sure though...

And the bugs are almost fixed...

Edit: okay the header error is gone the only bug right now is you can login with IE from the main page.. It works fine in firefox. I really hate IE.. :p

Edit: I kinda have some what of a logo... Working on one for the forum.

-Toasterthegamer

Last edited:

Despistado

Reaction score
very nice design, but i have to critic the red letters in nano tech, all the layout its great but change the color of those letters.

best regards

toasterthegamer

Reaction score
Why you don't like the red?? It now matches the forums. I added a new theme for the forums so they look way nicer also I have a nice banner there too. I think from a design stand point the red and tan really go nice together.

Edit: The errors are mostly gone know there's only one big bug that I am working on taking care of... :p It's the login on the main site it's not working right in both IE and firefox.. :p

-Toasterthegamer

Last edited: