Critique it!

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi KP,

Layout and typography quite reasonable as befits somebody with your qualifications. Though would suggest a slightly larger font size for the top menu bar.
Page loading is a little slow, pictures like this one http://kristinepicken.elementfx.com/images/artdisplay.jpg need to be scaled before use not squashed into the page. That will help the speed a little.

The menu itself could be overhauled to use CSS rather than javascript but that's not vitally important. What does need changing however is your email address, in its present format it can be easily read by passing harvester bots sent by spammers. Ideally you should use a proper server side contact form or at least use javascript to 'cloak' the plaintext address.

jadedragonsheika94

Reaction score
Hi Cybrax,

Thanks for the honest critique! I've been thinking of a re-design; fresh, new, possibly unorthodox. This design is over 2 years old now.

I've had a "strictly design" mentality. And even some of the code in this was borrowed from tutorials. I wanted something a little newer for image viewing, but couldn't find something simple enough to emulate. But I know I can't go that route anymore if I want to appear competent.

I agree that I need some way for people to comment/contact with forms. But alas, I know nothing of php. Even CSS, we were given a crash course in it in college, but I never absorbed or retained it fully. This was also back in 07-08. Do you have any suggestions of where I can go that helps, guides, suggests, etc,.. proper and easy coding?

jadedragonsheika94

Reaction score
Thank you to both nuwanpra and denzilb22.

As to denzilb22: I can't say off the top of my head how long it took me. I designed my own logo, the tendrils on the top an bottom of the page are part of the illustration of the lady. I did most editing in Photoshop for graphics, and the rest such as text in Dreamweaver. I remember it being quite tedious and long to create the web site, as like I mentioned above, I don't know nearly as much as I should about web design.