Critique my site please

befitx10

Reaction score
I know a little about a lot of languages but I've been concentrating on HTML, CSS, and the very new to me JS. My site is about fitness and it is very simple. I am having trouble formatting the index page for various screens sizes for I believe two simple reasons. The background image is giving me trouble and two, because I don't know enough JS and JQ (I've also used media query but I possibly didn't do that right) ... anyway.. tell me what you think?

befit.x10host.com

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The CSS background-size property should be able to do that automatically for you using the value cover:
Code:
background-size: cover;
No jQuery or CSS media queries/breakpoints necessary. The image file you are currently using (for 1080p, at least) is a reasonable file size that won't put undue download demands on anyone, and it should scale well to most devices/screens. You might want to do something about the font you're using for the "Live Fit Be Fit" tagline; it really doesn't fit well with the font you're using for other headings (Lobster, is it?). And you'll need to re-crop some of your people images; a couple look like they're pretty badly stretched vertically (James L., f'rinstance, looks awfully skinny, especialy with that deadlift load).